Sigma fp – World's smallest & lightest mirrorless full frame camera

3 hours ago, brunner said:

@Alan FriedmanThank you for the picture and comment, Alan. So the viewfinders measures around 10 cm?

I can measure when I get home later. It is supplied with the small mounting plate, which works fine. I believe it can also attach to the bottom plate on the large hand grip.

On 12/5/2019 at 9:52 AM, brunner said:

@Alan FriedmanThank you for the picture and comment, Alan. So the viewfinders measures around 10 cm?

You guess is right on... the viewfinder extends 95mm from the back of the camera. With the mounting plate, it adds 277 grams to the total weight.  

Almost finished... need to set and trim the registration pin and polish up. Think I'll cancel my open order for the HG-11 grip. I like this one a lot.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Alan Friedman said:

Almost finished... need to set and trim the registration pin and polish up. Think I'll cancel my open order for the HG-11 grip. I like this one a lot.

Is this wheel the chef-d'oeuvre dial?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 minutes ago, Ko.Fe. said:

Is this wheel the chef-d'oeuvre dial?

Just a bit of providence...  a miscellaneous tripod piece that I found floating around in a box of spare parts. It has a 1/4 x 20 projection and is tapped for 1/4 x 20 on the face as well, so I can attach the camera strap lug without having to make and thread a new hole. It also has a wide bearing surface when tightened down so it makes a nice secure connection. 

• Thanks 1

Finished... now time to take some pictures. ;^)

• Like 5

6 hours ago, verwackelt said:

Well done! i am curious to see the results. Which M-Lens did you mount on the camera?

Thanks... it was a fun project. Cancelling my order for the HG-11 from B&H. ;^)

The FP is a nice fit with all of my M lenses, which are Summicrons and Elmarits - 28, 35, 50, 90. It is also very well suited for the more compact R lenses. I bought the R to M adapter when it first came out but then opted for the direct R-L adapter when I purchased the SL. It is nice to make use of the older adapter with the macro-elmarit 60, which is a nice lightweight lens for portraits. I've posted a few examples on the image thread. I also have a Nikkor-L adapter which I will use from time to time with the Nikon 35 1.4 and 58 1.2 Noct-Nikkor. I think the FP is a nice body to have for travel with shorter lenses. 

• Like 1

Edited by Alan Friedman
  • Like 5

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Alan Friedman:

Thanks... it was a fun project. Cancelling my order for the HG-11 from B&H. ;^)

The FP is a nice fit with all of my M lenses, which are Summicrons and Elmarits - 28, 35, 50, 90. 

What do you think about a thin filter conversion? Is something known about the sensor glass?

See https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/62874037

I like the outcome of your "project" very much!

Edited by jankap
dpreview added

3 hours ago, jankap said:

I meant the conversion by Kolari Vision. They offer for a lot of cameras a "surgery" to install a very thin filter, that can increase the IQ of (wide) rangefinder lenses. 

I am unshure, if that is an advantage for the fp.

Interesting post, thanks for sharing it. I would guess we will see more definitive tests of the performance of the FP with wide angle M lenses. I looked quickly and thought the results were good with the 35 summicron. I didn't notice significant edge of field aberration with the 28mm or with my 25mm Zeiss Contarex but I didn't study analytically. For me, the Sigma FP is of specific use as a lightweight and compact "take with" solution to the much heavier Leica SL and hopefully a good reason to leave my iPhone 11 pro in my pocket. ;^) As such, I will enjoy what it does well and live with what it does not so well. I am really not looking for edge to edge razor sharpness in my images though I know that others have a different work flow and will be more demanding. 

• Like 2

There photos are not faked - I took many of them while working with them to develop the original Sony A-series modifications.  Also, those mods have been pretty extensively tested and reviewed since introduction in (was it?) 2016.  Google is your friend.  

There are some hints that the Sigma might have a thinner stack than the Sony, so might do better in the factory state.  This seems to also be true for the Nikon Z6 and Z7, which people report fairly good results with RF lenses.  I have no experience with either of these, but still use my modified A7 as a backup to my M10.

thank you for correcting my suspicions, but i never heard of them before. The reason for that might be because it is a US company and i am not so familar with english only websites.
But i am on the way to improve my english with help of the forums international section...
The FP is a new camera so i am keen on the results with shorter RF lenses and if a modification would make sense…