HuntingSand

In London end of this month (July)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Greetings,
I just wanted to see if there are folk here from London/UK. I'll be in the city 7/29-31, and it would be nice to join up with some fellow Leica owners for an afternoon tea and perhaps some street shooting together.
Thanks.
Thomas

Hi, Thomas,

What part of London will you be staying in?

29th - 31st July is Monday to Wednesday I think.  I work full time so I would probably only be able to meet up in the early evening after work depending on what I've got on but I'll know better closer to the date.

If you're interested in afternoon tea then I recommend going to the Ritz Hotel (but you'll need to book in advance although it's certainly worth it) or The Wolesley restaurant, which is very close to The Ritz.

Pete.

vor 8 Stunden schrieb farnz:

Hi, Thomas,

What part of London will you be staying in?

29th - 31st July is Monday to Wednesday I think.  I work full time so I would probably only be able to meet up in the early evening after work depending on what I've got on but I'll know better closer to the date.

If you're interested in afternoon tea then I recommend going to the Ritz Hotel (but you'll need to book in advance although it's certainly worth it) or The Wolesley restaurant, which is very close to The Ritz.

Pete.

Pete,

Thank you for responding. I am staying down in Greenwich. Thanks for recommending the Ritz and the Wolesley, I will check it out. Kostas and Paul and maybe Mike are saying they'd be happy to get together, too, so I'm calibrating things as the date gets closer. Early evening would be totally fine with me, I'll be totally jetlagged anyway (coming from California).

Thomas

I'm also London based and work full time but meeting in the early evening would be a possibility.  Greenwich is a nice place to stay - you've chosen well!

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Jon Schick:

I'm also London based and work full time but meeting in the early evening would be a possibility.  Greenwich is a nice place to stay - you've chosen well!

Jon,
Many thanks for checking in. It would be lovely to meet, maybe in the evening of the 30th, but yet to be confirmed with the others.
Many moons ago, as an exchange high school student from Germany, I was put up with a family in Croydon, so I thought maybe, for nostalgia's sake, I'll stay there again. After some deliberation, I decided Greenwich was a more prudent choice.

As someone who lives in Croydon yours was a very prudent choice.  I don't know how many years it is since you were in Croydon but it has changed a lot, and not for the good unfortunately.

Pete.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I was going to say it takes a special kind of person to be nostalgic about Croydon!  Used to work there and still travel through it quite regularly but I'm not sure I'd choose it for a London stay.

There are still some pleasant nooks and crannies but you really have to watch your back these days.  Its nickname is "The Cronx".

Pete.

23 hours ago, farnz said:

As someone who lives in Croydon yours was a very prudent choice.  I don't know how many years it is since you were in Croydon but it has changed a lot, and not for the good unfortunately.

Pete.

I didn't know you'd met my brother - he lives in Croydon too ;)

56 minutes ago, Red Dot Cameras said:

I would like to meet up to if possible ?

Great!  (Is that you, Ivor?)

Pete.