Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi, I use Leica Q for Landscape for my pleasure. I use foto app for remote. When I select shutter speed case, I can slide the cursor until to 4, 5,... minutes and more but I got in shutter case only 120 sec. And the picture was taken only at this time period. Why it can not be taken to more than 120sec? Why I can not use the remote app on T shutter speed? The T shutter speed can be used only with the camera shutter. 

Edited by smenp3
Correctiin from use to used

18 hours ago, bullmoon said:

this should help explain what's going on.  I agree, Fotos should allow T so we could time our own exposures under the "limit", versus the hard set exposure settings.

Excellent analysis. Thanks for taking the time. It explains the operation very well. We may not like it, but I now see the limitations more clearly. 

On 7/11/2019 at 10:21 AM, m9photo said:

I Thought under scene mode you can select timer on Q, you should be able to set up to 1hr? pls correct me if I'm wrong.

I never tried it more than 120 sec to avoid the ghe heath in the sensor. Did you try it? 

Edited by smenp3

On 7/11/2019 at 10:21 AM, m9photo said:

I Thought under scene mode you can select timer on Q, you should be able to set up to 1hr? pls correct me if I'm wrong.

I just tried it with your suggestion. In scene mode, it would be on Automatic mode. I tried with T shutter speed, the maximum we got in the Q is +/-126 sec. 

Thank to bullmoon and jaapv. 

The question to Leica team manufacturer and software engineer why you did not answer us? Can they update the firmware to allow us to shoot more than 126sec. If so, does it damage the sensor? Please Leica! 🙏

23 minutes ago, smenp3 said:

The question to Leica team manufacturer and software engineer why you did not answer us?

Did you ask them? This forum is not related to Leica Camera AG and the manufacturing teams and software engineers are not likely to see your question here.