Nikkor to 'L', adapter advice please.

I use a Rayqual Nikon F to Leica M-mount adapter, and fit it to the CL using the Leica M Adapter L when I use my Nikkor 55mm f/3.5.

It's a wonderful lens. I bought it quite a few years ago now for something like $70 and it's never let me down.

• Like 1

Might not be the cheapest option, but I have used a Novoflex LET/NIK adapter to use Nikkors on my SL for a few years now.  That should also work on the CL. As far as being UK-sourced goes, they are available from Speedgraphic in Hampshire.

• Like 1

I have the Fotodoix adapter, works but only has graphic O's for the aperture setting. I use it mostly with my 11-16 Tokina for a wide angle lens, it has a tripod mount. Have looked into electronic Nikon adapters but they are around $900 US. Have used my 55 Micro Nikkor with this with decent results, but prefer knowing the fstop I am using when doing macro photography.

Tom

Advertisement (gone after registration)

@jaapv I read here around that even with a dumb adapter it is possible to have magnification using the display. Could you please be so kind to explain how to set this up on camera? I am currently playing with my new to me TL2 but can't figure out how to magnify the image. Admittedly it might be my 39°C feaver in hot central Italy letting me down-

Hello, I have been using my old manual Nikkor lenses on my T and CL for years without any problem. All you need is a Novoflex adapter that, unfortunately, is not very cheap. 

As these lenses are manual and the adapter does not have any electrical connection with the camera, to use the magnification, you have to use the up/down arrow. You don’t need any setting and everything works great in manual.

1 hour ago, leitzpark said:

Dear @Louis, it might be due to my feaver, but I don't see any up/down arrow in the camera UI. Should I be looking somewhere specific on the right frame?

:) On the right of your back screen. You can magnify by clicking up or down.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

8 minutes ago, leitzpark said:

Oh thank you so much, probably I forgot to say that I am using a TL2 with no physical keys

I don’t know about TL2, but on my T, I can magnify with the left ring (dial) on Manual lenses.

22 hours ago, leitzpark said:

@jaapv I read here around that even with a dumb adapter it is possible to have magnification using the display. Could you please be so kind to explain how to set this up on camera? I am currently playing with my new to me TL2 but can't figure out how to magnify the image. Admittedly it might be my 39°C feaver in hot central Italy letting me down-

I have no idea about the TL, but on the CL it is the up and down arrow keys.

• 4 weeks later...

85mm f 1.4

Nikon no longer makes this beautiful  lens. But it is an all time favorite with me. So this Novoflex adapter works for me. The lens hood makes it look heavier than it is.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Jeffry Abt
  • Like 1