Show us your APO-Summicron-M 50mm f/2 ASPH shots wide open

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

By the autumn lake Leica M10 APO-Summicron-M 50mm f2 #milanswolfs Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Hemmingway Style SL with APO-Summicron-M 50mm f2 Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

The Apo 50 is almost my favorite portrait lens in combination with the Mono 1   Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, hillavoider said:

this is why I want the APO cron, you get the whole face  in focus and the separation and 3D look I love it

that is right, even at distance. Here on the SL ..

1 hour ago, Chaemono said:

Harmonious bokeh behind and in front of the focus point is another characteristic of the lens. 

...and this is what they call “too clinical”. For my own tastes, I find it stunning and so different that anything else (having never laid my hands on the 75 Nictilux). More compelling than the 50 Summilux I owned briefly. 

Portraits appear ‘etched out’ of the smooth background. 

vor 4 Stunden schrieb james.liam:

...and this is what they call “too clinical”.

Peter Karbe and his team may indeed have gone overboard with their obsession for optical excellence this time. Call the APO "too clinical," "too sterile," "too perfect," "too boring," "too whatever," but, at least, Leica delivered these attributes in a small package. 😂

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By danieldouloslee
      This COVID19 season has given me reason to finally work on a video from our trip to Japan last October...all related to street photography.   Having created this in the wee hours of the night that eventually bled into the morning last Friday, I am still content with it despite its imperfections; some clips are shaky, I could've shown the photos for a longer duration. Watching this reminds me how simple life was prior to COVID, where human interaction was carefree, and I strongly yearn for times like this again.   I would greatly appreciate it if you would indulge me for a couple of minutes of your time. Even more so if you have any comments/critiques as well.   Last but definitely not the least, would love to give a big shoutout to my wife for letting me out on the streets from 10pm-2am to capture these moments as she tends to the kids at night.        
    • By rcraig
      I am not sure if this is the forum to vent frustration with Leica. For a company whose entire reputation is based on high quality products, Leica Customer Care does the name a great disservice. I purchased a new Leica APO-Summicron-M 50mm f/2.0 ASPH nine months ago. It has been lightly used and never been dropped or bumped against anything. In early July, I noticed the entire front portion of the lens was about ready to fall off. I sent it back to Leica for repair six weeks ago. I know it was delivered to Leica service in NJ by tracking the UPS delivery. I have left repeated messages with Leica Service and I can't get anyone to return a phone call acknowledging the status, or much less that they actually have my lens. I have a fair amount of Leica gear. It is disappointing that you can send them an $8000 lens and get absolutely no response from this company's service department. It is irresponsible of Leica not to spend 40 cents on a stamp or take a few seconds to return a phone call. This is totally unacceptable customer service. I will never purchase another Leica product again. Leica owners be aware if you ever have to send your gear back to them for repair.
    • By maine207
      Has anyone used the 50 APO on a film leica? Would it render any sharper than the regular 50 summicron or can you really only see the advantage on a MM? Just curious if this lens makes sense in the film world or if it's really only meant for digital.. I've poked around online a bit but haven't seen any information on that and was wondering what you guys thought?
    • By faranstudio
      Few months ago I purchased Leica Monochrom after shooting with M240 for more than a year and all I can say is that I'm really liking this camera and lens combo (50mm APO).

MM's CCD sensor result is very similar to my Hasselblad H4D-50 which I mainly use in studio for fashion and beauty.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!