Advertisement (gone after registration)

- the M -

after working professionally for a few years I have shot nearly every camera system available. 
It took me many attempts to finally settle on the Leica for good.

It is simply the most magic tool out there. It´s not the quality, it´s the joy and simplicity of use that sets her apart.
She is no easy, just give yourself time to really get to know her... to discover her soul.

I don't want to sound too pathetic, but I strongly believe this tool helped me to become the photographer I am (for the  good and the bad).

all Leica M240 and either 35 FLE or 35 IV.

heiko

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by frogfish
  • Like 18

• Like 17

Great b & W contrast pictures Heiko and nice post processing. Glad to see you have found the perfect camera for your shooting needs.

I use an MP - 240 and love it to bits especially the all brass construction and larger body size.

I also checked out your website. Very nice layout.

All the best, Dave.

• Like 1

beautiful portfolio, your work is amazing. 

Interestingly, I backed off from Leica to Nikon for "paid" work.  I have many issues with strobe or framing using Leica.  In fact, I just came back from Leitz-park few days ago to have the RF and lenses corrected.  I'm now able to use my M system after over a year of ownership, can you believe it?  I'm in the process of re-investigate the possibility of using Leica for professional work.  Your website is intriguing and I found hopes from your work, thank you.  Do you use only 35mm FLE and summicron version 4? 

On 4 July 2019 at 6:51 PM, frogfish said:

- the M -

after working professionally for a few years I have shot nearly every camera system available. 
It took me many attempts to finally settle on the Leica for good.

It is simply the most magic tool out there. It´s not the quality, it´s the joy and simplicity of use that sets her apart.
She is no easy, just give yourself time to really get to know her... to discover her soul.

I don't want to sound too pathetic, but I strongly believe this tool helped me to become the photographer I am (for the  good and the bad).

all Leica M240 and either 35 FLE or 35 IV.

heiko

I've been following your progress in the film camera section. Reading this post I'm intrigued to know whether you've moved over to digital (the M240), or whether you're supplementing your film work with the digital M, ie using both. 

Given that you favour B&W, the logical digital M for you would be the M246.

• Like 2

Am 16.7.2019 um 01:20 schrieb Steve Ricoh:

I've been following your progress in the film camera section. Reading this post I'm intrigued to know whether you've moved over to digital (the M240), or whether you're supplementing your film work with the digital M, ie using both. 

Given that you favour B&W, the logical digital M for you would be the M246.

Haha, sorry for the confusion 🙂

i moved from digital (m) to analog (M2) half a year ago.

However, I still have booked weddings from before my move, so these I still shoot digital.

I feel the M is the best reportage camera ever. I can shoot digital one day and fully analog the next day. Still, my cameras operate exactly the same and even use the same lenses.

It might even has been that the feel of the digital M brought me to consider shooting analog in the first way - I can’t remember.

but all this helped shape me as a photographer 🙂

heiko

• Like 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

4 hours ago, frogfish said:

Haha, sorry for the confusion 🙂

i moved from digital (m) to analog (M2) half a year ago.

However, I still have booked weddings from before my move, so these I still shoot digital.

I feel the M is the best reportage camera ever. I can shoot digital one day and fully analog the next day. Still, my cameras operate exactly the same and even use the same lenses.

It might even has been that the feel of the digital M brought me to consider shooting analog in the first way - I can’t remember.

but all this helped shape me as a photographer 🙂

heiko

You've hit the nail... exactly the benefit of using both the digital and analogue Ms; extremely easy to switch between the two systems, and lens sharing a bonus.