SURVEY-Q2 owners will you order the new Leica ME

Advertisement (gone after registration)

So if you have the Q2 would your order the ME-TYP 240?  So my answer is yes, I like having lens options. What about you?

Leica Camera has just announced that a new M series camera will be joining the ranks this July; The Leica M-E (Typ 240). This new camera is being billed as the perfect entry point into the Leica system, and it will offer some great specs. The new Leica M-E (Typ 240) is a Full Frame Mirrorless camera that will feature a 24 Megapixel CMOS sensor, a Leica Maestro image processor, and of course, the gorgeous Rangefinder design that we have all come to know and love. 

I've been thinking about that too. I just don't know enough about the m-e 240. What I've read and viewed online - seems to indicate that it's good up to about 800 iso - and downhill (going up) from there. All my years with Leica (film in the past over many years) have been in the low light, wide-open type light. That's what I love. I'm wondering if the new m-e 240 will be up to delivering on my hopes and wishes under those conditions. Which is why I'm grateful for this forum. It will help me to decide if I'll order a brand new M-E TYP 240 or hold out for a good deal on a used M10. I'm looking forward to responses to your excellent question.

4 hours ago, jaapv said:

If you like having lens options, why did you buy a Q in the first place?

A one-lens, autofocus is always worth having in one's arsenal. No-one has just one camera...do they?...😃

Edited by david strachan
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, jaapv said:

If you like having lens options, why did you buy a Q in the first place?

So as stated I also have several cameras in addition to the Q. As much as I love using the Q at times I want an optical zoom. I use a Sony A 7 iii for this but not crazy about the camera. 

• Like 1

About six weeks ago, after having succumbed to the delights of the Q2 since receiving it mid-March, I sank further into Leica-mania and bought a chrome M10.  The top reasons I opted for the 10 instead of the 240 were its slimmer profile and greater simplicity.  Were I faced with your similar proposition today, I think I would make the same decision.  That said, the new M-E is certainly a tempting alternative given the price!

- Scott

• Like 1

10 hours ago, david strachan said:

A one-lens, autofocus is always worth having in one's arsenal. No-one has just one camera...do they?...😃

Yes.

If i cant take a photo due to camera limitations, then i dont shoot.  One M10 is enough (weight and value at risk), for me. 

Edited by lucerne

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/2/2019 at 5:32 PM, sturkel said:

So if you have the Q2 would your order the ME-TYP 240?  So my answer is yes, I like having lens options. What about you?

Leica Camera has just announced that a new M series camera will be joining the ranks this July; The Leica M-E (Typ 240). This new camera is being billed as the perfect entry point into the Leica system, and it will offer some great specs. The new Leica M-E (Typ 240) is a Full Frame Mirrorless camera that will feature a 24 Megapixel CMOS sensor, a Leica Maestro image processor, and of course, the gorgeous Rangefinder design that we have all come to know and love. 

I am considering too but hesitate between ME and CL for budget. With CL, I can change the lenses too... And less expensive. 

Edited by smenp3

Why ? CL is better.

I do not think that I will ever go back to M in the future. M10 and M 262 were my last ones. 

After selling the M10 for the CL. I’ve got the M itch one last time. So I bought a cheap new in box M typ 262. But it just proved me that CL is just way better. M-E 240 ’ have a too dated sensor. 

• Like 2