SL bag

didier

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I also looked for the smallest bag that could accommodate the SL with a single lens attached. I also wanted a bag that doesn't scream "photography equipment"

I found the billingham small pro. The "pro" has, addition to the small: a top handle; back pocket, luggage handle and removable and adjustable shoulder sling.

This bag has a thick base, but not a hard base. It has been used in many countries and environments :)

It is a good fit. If you want something roomier, the Billingham SL or S2 is worth a look (the latter doesnt have a black version)

Edited by colonel
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

The Hadley One is a bit bigger than the Pro, if added space requirements are envisioned.  It already incorporates the improvements that the Pro 2020 includes over the traditional Pro (trolley strap, better top handle padding, more robust back pocket weather sealing, etc), and allows for half inserts or full insert, both removable.

Jeff

38 minutes ago, Jeff S said:

The Hadley One is a bit bigger than the Pro, if added space requirements are envisioned.  It already incorporates the improvements that the Pro 2020 includes over the traditional Pro (trolley strap, better top handle padding, more robust back pocket weather sealing, etc), and allows for half inserts or full insert, both removable.

Jeff

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 minutes ago, biswasg said:

Thanks Jeff, this is noted. As I already own a Hadley Pro and carry my M10 plus lenses, my question is if I buy the Sl or Sl2 can I still fit the at least the SL with the 24-90 zoom in the Hadley Pro instead of the M gear?

MrQ’s post above mine answers that and shows a pic. The Pro 2020 he linked is the same size as your Pro, just with added features. I mentioned the Hadley One in case you wanted a somewhat bigger bag.

Jeff

• Like 1

I fell for the Billingham SL. It fits the camera with SL 24-90, with or without shade, or with two Summicron-SL (without shades). Beautiful bag, as you would expect, but it does look like a Billingham. And a Billingham does look like a camera bag. No question. 

I LOVE the Think Tank Retrospective 7.  It is Perfect for the SL with any of the Summicron SL lenses ATTACHED to the camera in the center . . . and then with either a second SL lens or a manual focus voigtlander or Leica M or R in one of the sides even with a novoflex or leica adaptor and room in the other side for lens blower, etc - and room for spare batteries.  BEST BAG EVER IMHO.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Daniel81 said:

I LOVE the Think Tank Retrospective 7.  It is Perfect for the SL with any of the Summicron SL lenses ATTACHED to the camera in the center . . . and then with either a second SL lens or a manual focus voigtlander or Leica M or R in one of the sides even with a novoflex or leica adaptor and room in the other side for lens blower, etc - and room for spare batteries.  BEST BAG EVER IMHO.

Yes it’s very good. But it also looks like a camera bag. And we’re getting further away from what the OP was asking about. 

1 hour ago, Per P. said:

Yes it’s very good. But it also looks like a camera bag. And we’re getting further away from what the OP was asking about. 

The ‘original post’ was five months ago, with a very specific question related to the Peak Design Sling bag, which was answered early on.  The rest has been typical meandering discussion. Carry on.

Jeff

I have used the Think Tank Signature bags for quite some time.  They don't scream camera bag and I have gotten many compliments on them.  I also like the Tenba DNA series.  In addition to a unique magnetic flap closure it also has a zipper along the top to get your camera out without opening the whole bag.  

On 11/14/2019 at 5:10 PM, Jeff S said:

The ‘original post’ was five months ago, with a very specific question related to the Peak Design Sling bag, which was answered early on.  The rest has been typical meandering discussion. Carry on.

Jeff

Fair point. I’m sure it will 😊

On 11/14/2019 at 2:32 AM, Per P. said:

I fell for the Billingham SL. It fits the camera with SL 24-90, with or without shade, or with two Summicron-SL (without shades). Beautiful bag, as you would expect, but it does look like a Billingham. And a Billingham does look like a camera bag. No question. 

Does your Billingham SL fit the camera with SL 24-90 without shade mounted and a Summicron-SL without shades? The bag is indeed very nice!

4 hours ago, Leica Lover 88 said:

Does your Billingham SL fit the camera with SL 24-90 without shade mounted and a Summicron-SL without shades? The bag is indeed very nice!

No. It's either zoom (with/without) or smaller lenses, e.g. summicron-SL(s). 

Another thumbs up for the Peak Design 5L sling here. Mine fits the SL (currently S1R) with 24-90 attached (including forward mounted hood), plus an M lens with M mount adapter, plus spare batteries. 

Incidentally, it also fits an X1D with the 45mm mounted, plus the 90mm, plus one of the 21 or 30mm. 

It’s almost ridiculous how much gear such a small bag can handle. And it remains comfortable, even when stuffed full, and is small enough to stuff in a daypack as an “insert”. 

• Like 3

On 11/18/2019 at 1:56 AM, Alistairm said:

Another thumbs up for the Peak Design 5L sling here. Mine fits the SL (currently S1R) with 24-90 attached (including forward mounted hood), plus an M lens with M mount adapter, plus spare batteries. 

Incidentally, it also fits an X1D with the 45mm mounted, plus the 90mm, plus one of the 21 or 30mm. 

It’s almost ridiculous how much gear such a small bag can handle. And it remains comfortable, even when stuffed full, and is small enough to stuff in a daypack as an “insert”. 

Interesting, I owned a Sling 5L for my Leica Q. Is the SL2 with 24-90 and 75 going to be pretty tight? I would prefer some wiggle room.  

On 11/13/2019 at 1:58 PM, Daniel81 said:

This is also on my top list of choices. How comfortable is the strap? Easy access I assume as well? If I only want to carry two lenses I think even the 5 would work, but the 7 might provide some extra wiggle room to add a few additional accessories as needed.