Can i repair my leica mm1 fast in Germany?

olegn

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi! I live in Russia and I bought my MM1 in USA in October (new, with all documents). I will be in Berlin for a few days at the end of August and want to repair a little problem + check and clean the body and the lens. There is so many phone numbers and information in the web, so i decided to ask a question here - maybe someone can advise me how this can be done and where i need to call or send a letter. So, is it possible to take a camera to Berlin (or another place in Germany), give it for repairs (for the warranty of for money - whatever) and take it back in few days to leave back to Russia then. Thanks!

• olegn changed the title to Can i repair my leica mm1 fast in Germany?

Could I suggest the obvious and in this case the best: Customer Care in Wetzlar? 

You could ask them to send it in now / soon and have it delivered to your Berlin address at the end of August.

Please take into consideration, that the 6-weeks school holidays have started this week-end in Hessen.

My advice would be to visit the factory in Wetzlar, which is quite a nice excursion in itself. Small repairs are often done whilst the customer waits. You can mail ahead and inquire whether your minor repairs qualify for on-the-spot service.

• Like 1