Me and my M10 travelling to Edinburgh/Scotland...

01maciel

Have a blast! I was last there some 30+ years ago with a Leica film CL on a tandem bicycle. Quite the way to see the country. Started at Glascow, wandered NW to Skye, back down the center and to Edinburgh (during Festival), then train back to Glascow airport. 10 days and tired legs. (My tandem partner had MS and her legs would give out daily.) I enjoyed everything, but a peek at the historic Camera Obscura in Edinburgh is of interest to photo-historians.

The usual tourist spots are pretty impressive: Holyrood Park/Arthur's Seat, the castle, the wynds off the Royal Mile, the Cowgate at night, the former royal yacht Britannia in Leith, Carlton Hill, Dean Village and the walk down Leith Water. There is so much to see and photograph wandering around much of the Old Town between the Royal Mile and the Meadows.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you guys for sharing your experience with me. Edinburgh is certainly worth a trip. However, I stuck to the plan to visit some of the hot spots in my travel guide.  A fantastic city with even more fantastic bus services. Using a car can be definitely a heavy burden in Edinburgh. And yes I took loads of photos. Here is one of them:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 2 months later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

We just got back from 10 days in Scotland and Ireland. We attended the Military Tattoo in Edinburgh. It was amazing. 

I took my M10, Summilux 35 and APO Summicron 50. The Summilux 35 never left my camera. It was great to travel light.

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1