LUF Admin

New: Leica M-E (Type 240)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This sounds like a great deal.  I had the orginal M240, and my only complaint was its slower 'processing' time.  As I recall there was a delay as the camera recorded the image.  The battery life - for still photography - was better than the M10's.

Steve Huff is saying Leica is only releasing 750 of these. Which if true, although unlikely, it would make it a sort of limited edition, no?

vor 5 Stunden schrieb ChicagoMatthew:

Steve Huff is saying Leica is only releasing 750 of these. Which if true, although unlikely, it would make it a sort of limited edition, no?

Normally limited editions wil be numbered as such. If you're implying any kind of investment in M-E because of rairity, I would not be very convinced. That they make more than 750 , would to me, also be unlikely. 

Well, they might well make more if the first 750 sell quickly.

I went ahead to check the used M240 price from a local Leica dealer, it is sub 3K USD for a like new condition.  I think the used price will fall like a rock after ME is out.   If anyone (like me) who bought a new one last year, the depreciation curve (dropped 60+ % in 1 year) is worse than Nikon, Fuji or Canon.  Although I am not planning to sell mine, but It was a really bad move.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

They might have trouble selling 750 of them..

I remember the M9 M-E sitting around in shops at discount years ago..

But if they sell out..M240 prices will probably stabilize around 2.5K..as its getting pretty old now..

But when they release the newer 240 model..then its back to high prices again..as the 240 goes away for good..