2018 Mac Mini with Lightroom 6.14?

vor 11 Stunden schrieb zeitz:

MacMini (2018) with internal Intel UHD 630 graphics, 6 i7 cores, 32 GB of RAM - about 1 min 40 sec to completion.

That is exactly my setup, and I am happy with it, together with a 27" 4k Monitor from HP. But, we never know, across the fence, the grass appears greener...

On 6/23/2019 at 5:12 AM, lykaman said:

Hi my 6yr old 27"iMac just died, wifey has a MacMini it's ok but I'm not sure about it as a strong workhorse. The high powered MacMini's are ok but very expensive for what they are, I went for a new *27" but you can get Refurbished MacMini's.. Look on the Apple website..

*3.0GHz 6-core 8th-generation Intel Core i5 processor, Turbo Boost up to 4.1GHz

8GB 2666MHz DDR4 memory

Radeon Pro 570X with 4GB of GDDR5 memory
1TB Fusion Drive storage

Is the iMac screen colour profile suitable for photo editing as is, or does it require calibration? How are you finding it otherwise?

Apologies, but I am a complete neophyte in this area. 

And to rap up my report, AMD responded to my e-mail in 13 hours with the information that fixed my issues.  And to their credit they are familiar with the Sonnet 650 Breakaway Box and its internal connector architecture.

1 hour ago, Mute-on said:

Is the iMac screen colour profile suitable for photo editing as is, or does it require calibration? How are you finding it otherwise?

Apologies, but I am a complete neophyte in this area. 

To me, there is no photo editing without screen calibration, regardless of brand, by a colorimeter like the Spyder or Colormunki. If you calibrate an iMac you will have to get used to a flatter look, but your photographic results will be a lot better.

• Like 2