M-E typ 240

low325

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 6/24/2019 at 1:32 PM, Herr Barnack said:

The M-E 240 price is said to be $3995.00 USD:

https://www.reddotforum.com/content/2019/06/leica-announces-m-e-typ-240-digital-rangefinder/?utm_source=Leica+Store+Miami+Mailing+List&utm_campaign=240f134225-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_01_10_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_936a8848e0-240f134225-417831501&mc_cid=240f134225&mc_eid=dde2fd4b3f

That's excellent news for those who have always wanted a digital M but found the price of admission out of reach - and the anthracite gray finish is beautiful!

Available for pre-orders at BH for 3.995 USD. 

23 hours ago, colonel said:

Leica will make more if there is a demand. Or they could have limited it due to parts available.

Nevertheless their strategy is to have a budget M digital available and its now the privilege of the M-E 240

I approve of this strategy. Why not allow folk to enjoy the rangefinder experience without sacrificing their second car ...

Yes, I approve the strategy too, except that if they make it a limited edition only few can purchase, I would actually not say "this release counts" towards such a strategy. We shall see.

Also, I was thinking about what they did in the past. After selling a new M (like M9, M240) for a few years, they would release a cheaper version (ME, M262), and I wish they did that for the M10 rather than on the M240 again (in particular, retaining the smaller body size). In fact, my plan was to stay on my M9 until Leica releases such a body or I come across a reasonably priced M10 (and we are far from this). But maybe it is still a bit early for that...

vor 48 Minuten schrieb Xavier:

Yes, I approve the strategy too, except that if they make it a limited edition only few can purchase, I would actually not say "this release counts" towards such a strategy. We shall see.

Also, I was thinking about what they did in the past. After selling a new M (like M9, M240) for a few years, they would release a cheaper version (ME, M262), and I wish they did that for the M10 rather than on the M240 again (in particular, retaining the smaller body size). In fact, my plan was to stay on my M9 until Leica releases such a body or I come across a reasonably priced M10 (and we are far from this). But maybe it is still a bit early for that...

Maybe when the M11 is on the market Leica will release a M-E 10. So just some patience 🙂

• Like 1

• 1 month later...