Fujifilm ACROS - II

frame-it

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Finally :)

"Fujifilm Co., Ltd. announced on June 10 the development of the black-and-white film Neopan 100 ACROS II. It plans to release 35mm size and 120 size in the fall of 2019. The sale price is undecided.
Sensitivity ISO 100 black and white film. The company ended black-and-white film sales in the autumn of 2018 due to reduced demand and the difficulty of obtaining raw materials, but after receiving strong demand for continued sales mainly from enthusiasts and young people of the SNS generation, It is said that they have been studying for the reopening.
The company developed Acros II by researching substitutes for raw materials that became difficult to obtain and reviewing the manufacturing process to match the new raw materials. Compared with the conventional product "Neopan 100 ACROS", the gradation of the highlight part is designed to be sharp and it is possible to reproduce three-dimensional gradation.

In addition, the world's highest level of graininess is realized with the unique "Super Fine-Σ particle technology" (a technology that can control the size and composition of silver particles and improve the print quality of images), emphasizing the contour of the subject with high sharpness"

https://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1189352.html

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by frame-it
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

This is monumentally good news!  It gives us something else to look forward to in the autumn of this year. 

Here's hoping ACROS II won't cost $10.00 a roll or suffer from the maddening non-availability issues that have plagued Farriana P30...

Edited by Herr Barnack
  • Like 1

"World's highest level of graininess" (!!?) - Guess something was lost there in translation. ;)

Nevertheless, I am happy for those who liked the original. If it shows up in 120, I'll give it a whirl.

• Like 2

Fujifilm says it will be launching Neopan 100 Acros II in 35mm and 120 medium format exclusively in Japan this fall before bringing it to international markets afterward based on photographer demand.

6 hours ago, adan said:

"World's highest level of graininess" (!!?) - Guess something was lost there in translation. ;)

Nevertheless, I am happy for those who liked the original. If it shows up in 120, I'll give it a whirl.

There is another translation (from PP):

"Neopan 100 Acros II will feature Super Fine-Σ technology for better fine grain, sharpness, and three-dimensional gradation (even in bright highlights) compared to original Neopan 100 Acros film."

Will be interesting to compare old and new!

• Like 1

On 6/10/2019 at 1:13 PM, adan said:

Fuji could obviously use some help from these folks:  http://www.engrish.com/   😄

Edited by Herr Barnack
  • Haha 1

* The word “graininess” is “grainlessness” lost in translation, as commenter Ricardo points out below:

Yes, the “graininess” part was lost in translation.

In the original press release, they use the word 粒状性, that means “granularity”.
This is the scientific, correct word to talk about film grain (as in RMS granularity, often seen in film datasheets).

Therefore, a “world-class granularity” (here also, the Japanese version says “world highest standard of granularity) would mean very fine grain.

>>> https://emulsive.org/articles/news/brand-new-film-from-fujifilm-neopan-100-acros-ii-announced-begins-shipping-autumn-2019

I've missed Acros 100 – but not so much as to pay the ridiculous prices being asked on that well known auction site. Will certainly be trying it when they start shipping outside Japan, as long as it's not the $10 a roll that Herr Barnack was suggesting near the start of this thread!