bags27

Favorite lens with your CL?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My new "favorite" lens arrived on Friday and I've been testing it all weekend: the Voigtländer Hyper-Wide 10mm f/5.6. I'm truly delighted with what I'm seeing out of it! It's so light, small, and easy to use... :D

Leica CL + Voigtländer 10mm f/5.6
ISO 100 @ f/8 @ 1/160

1 hour ago, ramarren said:

My new "favorite" lens arrived on Friday and I've been testing it all weekend: the Voigtländer Hyper-Wide 10mm f/5.6. I'm truly delighted with what I'm seeing out of it! It's so light, small, and easy to use... :D

Leica CL + Voigtländer 10mm f/5.6
ISO 100 @ f/8 @ 1/160

That’s a cracking good shot!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've only had the CL for 3 weeks and only with 2 lens - the 35 and the 11-23. It's enough time to conclude that I love the 35 while I'm only lukewarm when it comes to the 11-23. Percentage-wise, I have many more keepers from the 35 and this despite being a wide shooter. I have not shot with the M lens on the CL enough to conclude. 

23 minutes ago, CatWorthy said:

I've only had the CL for 3 weeks and only with 2 lens - the 35 and the 11-23. It's enough time to conclude that I love the 35 while I'm only lukewarm when it comes to the 11-23. Percentage-wise, I have many more keepers from the 35 and this despite being a wide shooter. I have not shot with the M lens on the CL enough to conclude. 

Great kit!!! If you want to part with the 11-23, there will be a long line of folks on this site willing to take it off your hands! I suspect you'll grow to appreciate it.

My favorites are the 60 macro, 23 and as the lens for "Normal" the 18-56. in special cars the 55-135

Q

On 7/8/2019 at 4:01 PM, bags27 said:

Great kit!!! If you want to part with the 11-23, there will be a long line of folks on this site willing to take it off your hands! I suspect you'll grow to appreciate it.

Think you're right on the long line. From what I gathered, this lens has been unavailable for quite some time now. 

The focal lengths of this lens are must-have for me. A bit surprised that it blows the highlight quite a bit despite compensating and metering for it, especially when compared to the 35 which seems to do much better. Cheers.