wes123

LEICA Q TYP116 HIDDEN MENU!!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello all,

I just got a leica Q firmware version 2.0 from my friend. He said he purchased it in Hong Kong.

When i'm using this Q, i found that it's slower then mine when i try to switch it off, and the leica logo become a exclamation mark before it turn off.

The most interesting thing is that when i try to update the firmware from 2.0 to 3.1, every thing is normal but the version number shows 3.16 after it's updated.

of course it keeps the hidden menu here until i go to the service menu and reset it.  

anyone had seen it before? and know how to access the hidden menu again? 

thanks alot!

Edited by wes123

more photos

Why would you buy firmware? It is available free from the official Leica website. I would be suspicious of any unauthorised firmware.

8 hours ago, wda said:

Why would you buy firmware? It is available free from the official Leica website. I would be suspicious of any unauthorised firmware.

i think he means he bought it with fw2,0

Wes.

you can see that you have created confusion among the members who would like to help.  

First, we don’t know whether (a) you had a perfectly good standard Q, and decided to load some HK firmware which is now on your Q, or (b) did you buy a Leica Q from your HK friend and now you have discovered that it already has a special version for testers and developers.

In it’s present condition, can you shoot images and play them back?

The problem you now face is “how to replace that firmware with the correct version downloadable from the Leica website.”.   I know (from when I was a tester) that test firmware might only be removable by overwriting  with the final non-test version.  The method was to follow installation instructions that is issued with every firmware upgrade. 

First, please let us know which of the two situations are correct. (A) or (b).

I suggest that you don’t try anything until you have confirmed these points.  A wrong procedure relating to firmware can cause your Q to be unusable and require a return to Wetzlar.  We hope to avoid that.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sorry for my English lead to some misunderstanding.

The situation is I’ve got a perfect standard Q and my friend said his Leica Q is slow so I’m helping him to check the settings and found the difference with my Q.

i’ve downloaded the firmware version 3.1 from the official leica website and update it, but the version become 3.16 now.

Once I go to the service menu and select the reset, the camera reboot and the hidden menu disappear. The firmware version become 3.1 again.

what I’m thinking of is maybe my friend press some combination of key accidentally to access it, it’s already inside any version of firmware. 

Interesting update. Thank you. . 

Edited by wda

3 hours ago, wes123 said:

Sorry for my English lead to some misunderstanding.

The situation is I’ve got a perfect standard Q and my friend said his Leica Q is slow so I’m helping him to check the settings and found the difference with my Q.

i’ve downloaded the firmware version 3.1 from the official leica website and update it, but the version become 3.16 now.

Once I go to the service menu and select the reset, the camera reboot and the hidden menu disappear. The firmware version become 3.1 again.

what I’m thinking of is maybe my friend press some combination of key accidentally to access it, it’s already inside any version of firmware. 

Please ask your friend and tell us how that firmware got on the Q. If it was accessible by him, what buttons to push.

I suspect it was installed at a Leica dealer to check operation or shutter count on the camera and should have been removed before being sold.