bags27

Best Raw Converter for CL/TL2?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

And does it support the CL? It doesn't list it on their website. Thanks 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, bags27 said:

And does it support the CL? It doesn't list it on their website. Thanks 

Yes, Photo Ninja does support the CL. However, it does not have a proper color profile. I wrote to the developer, Jim Christian, and he created one just for me. It is perfect. I'm sure he would do it for any owner of the software.

Come to think of it, I might be able to find the profile somewhere in my Mail and send it anyone who wants it. It is super-easy to install.

Edited by robgo2

15 minutes ago, robgo2 said:

Yes, Photo Ninja does support the CL. However, it does not have a proper color profile. I wrote to the developer, Jim Christian, and he created one just for me. It is perfect. I'm sure he would do it for any owner of the software.

Come to think of it, I might be able to find the profile somewhere in my Mail and send it anyone who wants it. It is super-easy to install.

Very generous of you robgo. I’m traveling now. I’ll look over the program when I get home and get back to you.  Thanks again!

Posted (edited)

I work with DXO since 3 years now. In the Canon world everything was fine, but since I bought the CL end of 2017 I wait. In 2018 I was still hoping, sending 3x request for support.

My workaround so far: I tend to shoot only b/w jpegs and take the noise as grain.

But it is a shame: I really miss the NR and the FilmPack. I am too lazy to try and learn a new app.

Edited by tiwafluet

4 minutes ago, tiwafluet said:

I work with DXO since 3 years now. In the Canon world everything was fine, but since I bought the CL end of 2017 I wait. In 2018 I was still hoping, sending 3x request for support.

My workaround so far: I tend to shoot only b/w jpegs and take the noise as grain.

But it is a shame: I really miss the NR and the FilmPack. I am too lazy to try and learn a new app.

I frankly think it's hopeless. they won't bother. And yet, they continue to improve the product.....

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I've used Lightroom 6.14, Apple Photos, RAW Power, Snapseed, On1, Luminar, and Affinity Photo with my CL files. All of them do a super job. No need, nor interest, in working with any more

Camera Raw is very, very good (not as good as DxO which supports my Q but not the CL). It has a lot of subtle things that work well with PS. I'm fine with that combo.

I  process my CL dng on ipad pro or  iphone with ios 13 without problem

RAW Power is pretty good, ACR is good also, lightroom is OK but getting worse, never tried DXO. My default is Lightroom as it has been for years, with PS for more complicated editing.

Recently used RAW Power and very impressed with it

15 minutes ago, Marac said:

RAW Power is pretty good, ACR is good also, lightroom is OK but getting worse, never tried DXO. My default is Lightroom as it has been for years, with PS for more complicated editing.

Recently used RAW Power and very impressed with it

That is strange, as LR and ACR use the same basic software with a different UI. The results should be identical.

20 minutes ago, jaapv said:

That is strange, as LR and ACR use the same basic software with a different UI. The results should be identical.

Yes I know it is basically the same thing, I am just used to the Lightroom UI but lately LR seems to be very lumpy with 3rd party integration with the plugins that I use, so I have been playing with RAW Power, it's cheap, first impression is that it is stable and has a few interesting sliders, I also like the sharpening of RAW images too with RP, you can use RP as a plugin with lightroom.

I still have ACR though it's very good.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, ramarren said:

I've used Lightroom 6.14, Apple Photos, RAW Power, Snapseed, On1, Luminar, and Affinity Photo with my CL files. All of them do a super job.

I can endorse this from my own evaluations of LR alternatives.  At the moment I still use LR 6.14 (perpetual) which is fine.  If pushed to select an alternative -- likely once MacOS Catalina is released -- I would choose Luminar because it is steadily improving and should equal or exceed LR in the next release or two.

Edited by rob_w