Q2 Super Slow Action Camera

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Is there a reason this 5k camera freezes and takes forever to process multiple frames! Went to Hangtown National Motocross Race in town.  Tried taking multiple action shots of racers jumping various sections of the track.  Q2 constantly froze and performed horribly.. am I missing something? In the day in age this camera should not be freezing up or taking forever to process images.  To the point where the camera is not usable because I am staring at a busy screen..

For someone coming from Canon, I am pretty disappointed.

1 hour ago, frame-it said:

which SD card are you using ?

Sony SD XC II. Read Speed 300 / Write Speed 299... it was rated fastest card U3.  

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Kaiden

2 hours ago, ramarren said:

I would never consider the Q or Q2 for doing 'action sports' sequence photography. It's not designed for that kind of use IMO. The SL would do that work nicely: it was designed for it. 

I understand what your saying, however my iPhone ended up taking over for a 5k Leica Camera because it could not process the pictures fast enough.  iPhone did, so I was hoping it was not the case.  Looks like it was.. in this day in age I would think a camera of this magnitude would be able to out perform a phone.  I was shooting jpg by the way... 

according to Leica, it can be used for that kind of photography

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1

Burst mode works for up to 15 shots. Its emptying the buffer thats the problem. Frankly I’m rather amazed at how fast burst mode is. 20 fps. It beats my Canon 5D3, but not emptying the buffer. Like others have said, I don’t consider the Q2 much of an action camera. The 28mm lens is nothing compared to a 200, 500 or even 600 mm with a 1.4 teleconverter I use for serious sports photography like track or bicycle races. I’d return it and buy a better fit. 

2 minutes ago, iQ2 said:

Burst mode works for up to 15 shots. Its emptying the buffer thats the problem. Frankly I’m rather amazed at how fast burst mode is. 20 fps. It beats my Canon 5D3, but not emptying the buffer. Like others have said, I don’t consider the Q2 much of an action camera. The 28mm lens is nothing compared to a 200, 500 or even 600 mm with a 1.4 teleconverter I use for serious sports photography like track or bicycle races. I’d return it and buy a better fit. 

Thanks for the feedback.  Going to keep it and wait for the SL2.  It’s perfect for a lot of things, I don’t use this function a lot so I can deal with it.  Was just bummed when I was using it and it was super slow, even with JPEG’s.  I also have a quick card.. no worries over all I am just being picky.. 

9 hours ago, Kaiden said:

Thanks for the feedback.  Going to keep it and wait for the SL2.  It’s perfect for a lot of things, I don’t use this function a lot so I can deal with it.  Was just bummed when I was using it and it was super slow, even with JPEG’s.  I also have a quick card.. no worries over all I am just being picky.. 

I applaud your decision to keep it. Another example that there’s no one camera for all purposes. I still lug my Canon 5D3 on trips so I can photograph rotundas and cathedrals using my 11-24mm lens. I need the ultra wide angle FOV. I look forward to seeing your Q2 images posted.