Replicate JPG in LR6 S/A.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have a CL and shoot RAW and jpg, as one can imaging they take up quite a bit of memory. My problem is that I really like the jpg's the CL produces. To save space I'd like to shoot just RAW and convert the odd one to produce an image  that is a replica of the one that the CL would have produced........are you with me thus far :)

Problem is I'd like to do this 'automatically' without fiddling about with sliders etc and wasting time. I do spend a lot of time fiddling for special images, and throughly enjoy it. As LR displays RAW and jpg of the same image is there a way of adjusting the settings for RAW so they replicate the jpg....pixel for pixel.

Phew......I hope you understand all that nonsense :)

Can you not pick the CL's "Camera Matching" profile in the Develop Module and make it a present in the Library Module for Importing?  That's what I would do in LR 8.3, if I used Lightroom.  I don't have the older LR software to know how it used to be implemented.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

6 hours ago, zeitz said:

Can you not pick the CL's "Camera Matching" profile in the Develop Module and make it a present in the Library Module for Importing?  That's what I would do in LR 8.3, if I used Lightroom.  I don't have the older LR software to know how it used to be implemented.

No 'camera matching' in LR 6.14.

I've found a workaround.......I have a old PSE 13 which recognises the DNG and allows me to import it as a 'Previous Conversion'.......ie a 'User Preset' I suppose. The difference is PSE13 does this  automatically on import, whereas LR6 'user preset' has to be applied.

Bingo....all I have now to do is replicate the OOC jpg as a 'Previous Conversion'.

Thanks all.

That is a neat trick.  I often use "previous conversion" in ACR CC  to match the first raw conversion of a shoot with constant light to get consistency across my images. I didn't know it applied to a pre-loaded JPG, though.

The Leica camera profiles are somewhere in LR 6.14.  Adobe likes to rename and move functions around.  I think they have a whole team that is paid to hide functions.  You can also set an exposure adjustment in the preset.  Adobe makes its profiles as the default, but theirs don't have to be the default.

Also, you can use X-rite's Color Checker or Passport and make your own profiles.  Profile making only takes a few minutes.  I have found the profiles from the X-rite process to be better than the Adobe or camera manufacturer profiles.

• Like 1