Save 15% on Capture One Pro (limited time offer)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I just received the information, that Capture One offers a 15% rebate – but only until Sunday evening (June 3rd, 23:59 CEST)!

Which Capture One Prodcuts are included in this offer? 

• Capture One Pro 12, perpetual licenses & upgrades, includes products purchased alone & bundle
  • Capture One Pro Subscriptions: Capture One Pro Prepaid Subscription , 12-month Subscription.
    The discount applies for the first billing month.

Which Capture One Products are not included in this offer?  

• All Capture One Fujifilm & Sony products
  • All Capture One Monthy Subscriptions 

How does it work? 

If you leave your email address here, Phase One will send you your unique activation voucher code.
This code will provide 15% discount on all the above-mention products. 

» Claim your 15% voucher code

When I compared my voucher's upgrade prices with the prices available from Capture One's initial splash screen, the voucher prices were higher.  Example, to upgrade from my current v. 10.2 to 12.x:

Capture One 12 only:  $180 with voucher, $169 from link in program's splash screen.

Capture One 12 plus Professional Style Pack: $417 with voucher, $339 from link in program's splash screen.

I also wonder if the discounts mean that Version 13 is on the way shortly. And if so, whether we will gain or lose in the long run if we upgrade to v.12 now. Also, we don't know if v.13 will support the M10-P and -D, which is a very important consideration for me.  Does anyone have experience "reading the tea leaves" in situations like this?

11 hours ago, pklein said:

Does anyone have experience "reading the tea leaves" in situations like this?

I drink a lot of tea but cannot claim psychic powers. However, that said, previous recent major version of updates to Capture One have always appeared towards the end of the year (November in the past two years) so I rather doubt we're going to see version 13 any time soon. I could be wrong, of course...in which case I'll go and make myself yet another mug of tea.

Stephen

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, pklein said:

When I compared my voucher's upgrade prices with the prices available from Capture One's initial splash screen, the voucher prices were higher.  Example, to upgrade from my current v. 10.2 to 12.x:

Capture One 12 only:  $180 with voucher, $169 from link in program's splash screen.

Capture One 12 plus Professional Style Pack: $417 with voucher, $339 from link in program's splash screen.

I also wonder if the discounts mean that Version 13 is on the way shortly. And if so, whether we will gain or lose in the long run if we upgrade to v.12 now. Also, we don't know if v.13 will support the M10-P and -D, which is a very important consideration for me.  Does anyone have experience "reading the tea leaves" in situations like this?

If they do these version updates every so often, how does that compare to the price of Adobe? And does it include a mobile version? I can’t believe that Capture One’s programmers can live on less than Adobe’s.

Wikipedia says a new release of Capture One has come out every November since 2014.   If the above upgrade prices are typical it a little bit more expensive than Adobe's photo package of Photoshop plus Lighroom.   To my mind the cost difference is not an issue.  Especially since you don't have to upgrade.

More important (to me) is the current lack of the equivalent of Lightroom CC for mobile devices that can sync with my desktop. That and the fact that when playing with a 30 day trial Capture One refused to read a catalog file I'd created the day before.   That kind of turned me off even though I thought the editing features were better than Lighroom.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2019 at 5:02 AM, tobey bilek said:

Thank you.  Lots of nice programs out there, but this is the best alternative.  

By by Adobe.  I don`t want your ransom ware any more. 

Are you jumping in the right direction? With C1 you have regular expensive updates or a subscription. That sounds to me like the only difference is the choice of your ransom.

Assuming that you mean that you have to pay. I hope you don't mean that Adobe bricks your computer...🙄

• Like 1

I don`t mind buying updates if there is something useful.   

No Adobe does not lock my computer,  but it does prevent reedits which is almost as bad.   I never liked LR,  but continued with my old folder system and all edits is ACR and PS.  This worked well for me.  I don`t know what happens if all your edits are locked in LR catalog.

The reason I ditched C1 completely was their introduction of a catalog system.

I cannot see why you would be unable to re-edit your images in LR. The program is non-destructive and you never lose your original raw. The edits are in a sidecar file.

Adobe, for .dng raw files, allows the edits to be stored in either the .dng file or alternately in a .xmp sidecar.  It is user selectable.  For non-.dng raw files, the edits are always in a .xmp sidecar.  .dng is supposed to be an open format.  So any raw converter that will open .dng files should also apply the edits made in any app if the edits are stored in the .dng file.  The app may or may not read a sidecar associated with a .dng file.

10 hours ago, jaapv said:

The reason I ditched C1 completely was their introduction of a catalog system.

Interesting.   I like catalogs.   Well, more importantly I like being able to search through all my images by filtering on various attributes of the image and so far the catalog systems I've tried do that faster than non catalog systems.   It's nice to be able to pick "all images shot with a Leica M using a Summicron 75 and containing the 'foo' keyword" and get the results in less than a second.

I didn't think C1 forced the use of a catalog.

Edited by marchyman

Bridge is an under-appreciated piece of software; I have never seen a detailed discussion of Bridge on this forum.  The beauty of Bridge is that you can use it without the file management features, working from the usual directories; or you can use features that I assume are similar to Lightroom.  I only used the version of Capture One that came with my M8.  Capture One was putting files all my drive in various folders it created, bothering me to no end.  I never understood how to constrain its behavior, but I found the results to be excellent.  I'm sure Capture One has changed greatly since I last used it.  By the time I bought my M9 with Lightroom I had already switched to Photoshop.

• Thanks 1