M10-D for USD 6.4K - is that price real ?

fenykepesz

9 minutes ago, Chaemono said:

They accept PayPal on eBay. You don’t like what you get, you get your money back from PayPal. I don’t see it as risky at all, except that there is likely no US warranty. 

Warranty is on the product, which is Leica Camera AG in Wetzlar. When cameras fail, they go to Wetzlar, or you send it directly to Wetzlar (faster than any other route). 

• Thanks 1

This is a no brainer purchase if you are truly interested in a new M10D. 

It takes literally 2 seconds to click on the link in the advertisement and you will find that one is being sold directly by Amazon (not 6ave).

5 pages of time wasting = OP was never going to buy the camera anyway

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i am just a burned child who had made its experiences over the years, that's why one is careful.  47th store is just one example, that caused me quite some trouble at that time.  i don't have the kesef to burn, if balagan surfaces later with a sensor, viewfinder calibration, electronics, you name it - and then dealing with such without a proper (international?) warranty in place...

i am truly wondering what cameras folks use here in this crowd that promote so much this deal - did they purchase a M10-D or a similar Laica body from Amazon ?

While I can’t say that I’ve ever bought anything for $6400 from Amazon, there were a few instances when either an empty box was sent or a cheaper item substituted. Amazon credited the amount every time and did so instantly. Your agonizing over nothing is truly pointless. 

• Like 1

I have to say that I no longer buy from Amazon. Yes they will always refund if anything goes wrong, but that happens far  too often. Also I have found that in many cases the price charged is not always the bargain that it first seemed. Obviously YMMV.

2 hours ago, Matlock said:

I have to say that I no longer buy from Amazon. Yes they will always refund if anything goes wrong, but that happens far  too often. Also I have found that in many cases the price charged is not always the bargain that it first seemed. Obviously YMMV.

To save $3k and spend 1 hour of your life, the risk is well worth it in this case, at least for me anyway.

But as we have learned over and over again on this forum, to each their own.

D

2 hours ago, dkmoore said:

To save $3k and spend 1 hour of your life, the risk is well worth it in this case, at least for me anyway.

But as we have learned over and over again on this forum, to each their own.

D

Fully agree if it goes well. Hope it does.

Don’t forget that if you are in the UK and order goods from the USA and the price excludes import tax and handling, our Customs will raise a tax charge to be paid before delivery.  20% at least.

Amazon USA collect in advance. 

I received a predelivery notice to pay today.  A 50$ item with 11£ to pay before it will be delivered from a local post office.

Buying from the USA isnt the money/tax saving ruse it used to be. 

Edited by lucerne
Clarity

nobody ever answered my question from before !  is there anybody out there who bought an M10 from Amazon ?  or from one of those satellite stores like this 6ave thingy ?

or, is it possible that i will be the first dude doing this Spiel ?

to keep it short, here for the inpatients : i just ordered an M10-D from Amazon/6ave - but i will see my new toy only in a month or so as i will be travelling in Europe till then.   so, more in this matter in a month time...

ciao, pisti

Edited by fenykepesz