Advertisement (gone after registration)

Following a week in Glasgow where I had to go for a business trip I did spend a weekend on the Isle of Skye. Having seen many excellent photos from there the Isle of Skye is one of my "100 places to go and shoot" list. No luck with light and weather, however, Skye turned out to be on that weekend a real photographer's "wet dream". Making the best out of it, I decided to post process the photos in B&W (using Silver Efex Pro 2). Going to show some of the photos here, hope you like them and looking forward to your "likes" and comments;).

SL with VE2,8-4/24-90mm

Edited by hofo100

To me, these photos scream "hey, look how much detail I can extract out of my files in SFEX!!!!"

But just because you can do it doesn't mean you should.  

The composition in so many these is really stellar and they would stand up extremely well on their one without the SFEX, me thinks.

Been there, done that and just trying to help!

9 hours ago, hofo100 said:

Here is a link to the entire set

Thanks for watching and I appreciate the comments, also those criticizing my way of post processing. As always, taste is different, I appreciate and respect other views.

Kudos to you for taking it for what it was.  Much respect.  

• 3 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ChrisGA
      Erfahrung und Meinung gefragt zu meiner Ausrüstung

Hallo,
      mein Name ist Chris, habe mich an anderer Stelle bereits vorgestellt.
      Zu Leica gekommen bin ich über die Leica Q, vorher hatte ich eine Fuji und davor eine Canon-Ausrüstung.
      Mittlerweile hat sich hier folgende Ausrüstung angesammelt, die ich nun gerne auf das Nötigste zusammen streichen möchte. Da ich mich überhaupt nicht entscheiden kann, suche ich neue Impulse. 
      Was fotografiere ich?
      - Natur, auch mal Makro (mit Q2 oder M-Zwischenring), Menschen, auch mal Street, Reise, Hunde, Autos, auch mal Portrait-Serien, Familien-Portraits. Selten Stativ aber gerne low light, nie Blitz
      Kameras in der Reihenfolge der häufigsten Verwendung:
      - SL mit M auf L-Adapter
      - M9 Monochrom (behalte ich auf jeden Fall, M10 brauche ich nicht, hatte ich bis vor Kurzem)
      - Q2 
      Objektive in der Reihenfolge der häufigsten Verwendung:
      - 50 mm Summilux Version I, 1966
      - 35 mm Summilux Version I, 1967 (Verwendung an der SL eingeschränkt... verstärkte Vignettierung)
      - 21 mm Voigtländer F1,4
      - 50 mm Summicron, 2000
      - 35 mm asph. Summicron 2002
      - 90 mm Elmarit F2,8 (gerne gezielt bei Portrait)
      Welche Begehrlichkeiten gibt es? 
      - SL2-S
      aber brauchen tue ich die nicht zwingend. Glaube nicht, das ich damit bessere Bilder mache. Es reizt gegenüber der SL der IBIS und das noch bessere Rauschverhalten sowie das viiiiel bessere Fokus-Peaking....  Da ich die Sl für 1500,- Euro gekauft habe, würde ich seeehr viel für diese Reize zahlen.
      Hat jemand spontan einen Impuls, Ideen, die mit weniger Objektiven. Eine Überlegung war schon mal auf neuere Summiluxe umzustellen und dafür aller 35er und 50 er zu veräußern. Sind die neueren Summiluxe bei F2 oder F2,8 so scharf wie die Summicrone? Die älteren sind das erst bei F4 und dass ist mir dann schon zu wenig Licht und/oder Freistellung.
      Danke für Eure Impulse ich bin gespannt.
      Viele Grüße
      Chris
    • By Herr Barnack
      I happened to discover this online essay today - the author offers some interesting insights into the M246 Monochrom and why it is still a viable choice:
      Why I bought a Leica M246 Monochrom
      https://mwwphotography.co.uk/blog/leicam246monochrom
    • By nodrog
      When the sun comes out, so do the parasols. 
      A small project I have set myself this month.
      M10M + 28mm Elmarit-M ASPH

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

• By Dennis
      Hello! I'm not 100% sure, but it looks like there is no generic open thread for landscape photography. There are a couple of Australian and New Zealand landscape threads, sunsets. And many specific threads containing the word "landscape." But I didn't find one more generic like the "I like film" thread (to say one).
      So, I thought it was interesting to have all an inspiring open thread for general landscape photography. Admins, please correct me if I'm wrong, edit the title. I'm IN anyway to be inspired by landscape photos taken with M cameras (digital and film). 🙂

I start with this picture I took yesterday during the super full moon night. It was very bright.
      M10 + 2.8/35 ZM + tripod
      iso 1600 - 8 sec - f/4