Show us your Noctilux wide open shots

budjames

Advertisement (gone after registration)

28 minutes ago, mercan said:

Those are the pictures in focus. I hope it is not an adjustment problem. 

Are you magnifying the view 10x in the EVF when selecting focus?  I found when I started using my 50/1 Noctilux with my SL that I thought I had nailed focus at 'normal size' in the EVF but on the computer screen it was slightly off so I need to magnify 10x and keep my body still to nail focus properly.

Pete.

Edited by farnz
  • Like 1

I have just compared my selfie taken with M9 eight years ago and taken today with SL. I think the problem is my focusing inability with SL. 

Leica M9 with Noctilux f0.95 in 2011

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Leica SL with Noctliux f0.95 today

Edited by mercan
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, farnz said:

Are you magnifying the view 10x in the EVF when selecting focus?  I found when I started using my 50/1 Noctilux with my SL that I thought I had nailed focus at 'normal size' in the EVF but on the computer screen it was slightly off so I need to magnify 10x and keep my body still to nail focus properly.

Pete.

I am using the default settings.  I couldn't find the settings for the magnification of the focus peaking.  

Edited by mercan

Advertisement (gone after registration)

"Noctilux f1 is more than a lens..." So true Metin! Mine newly acquired. Finding results are rather like the proverbial "box of chocolates". M10-P, Noctilux 1:1/50

• Like 14

M10 w/50mm Noctilux f/1.0

• Like 12

23 hours ago, pattyfrank said:

"Noctilux f1 is more than a lens..." So true Metin! Mine newly acquired. Finding results are rather like the proverbial "box of chocolates". M10-P, Noctilux 1:1/50

Great! Look how the bike looks different! Once 'Evikne' explained this in another threat here on this forum; "Even fire hydrant looks different in Noctilux f1 images!" This is the main characteristic of Noctilux f1 at f1; changing reality and creating a powerful impression of it. The veiling glare, or the 'glow' is awsome in your photograph by the way.

Best regard,

Metin Colak.

• Like 1

"This is the main characteristic of Noctilux f1 at f1; changing reality and creating a powerful impression of it. The veiling glare, or the 'glow'..." Well described. The way it sees and writes light and color is fascinating and ever changing. Will need lots of practice and experience with it and this 'chore' I will eagerly accept.

Best, Patty

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Metin Colak said:

Great! Look how the bike looks different! Once 'Evikne' explained this in another threat here on this forum; "Even fire hydrant looks different in Noctilux f1 images!" This is the main characteristic of Noctilux f1 at f1; changing reality and creating a powerful impression of it. The veiling glare, or the 'glow' is awsome in your photograph by the way.

Best regard,

Metin Colak.

Indeed well said - it is the make your eyes belief that all is there, almost sharp but letting enjoy the smoothness of the transitions - these dyas even a phone can capture an uber-sharp frame, but no way can recreate this.

Thanks for sharing

Edited by nwphil
  • Like 2

do these two shots look like typical 0.95 or not? (no peaking the exiff)

• Like 3

On 11/20/2019 at 4:57 AM, LeicaR10 said:

Sam,  A most excellent photograph.  One that made me, stop, look and think....r/ Mark

Yes, the young Harry Potter with a magic nest in his hands, the precursor of the Quidditch Ball ... they say ... but this has never been confirmed by the warlock himself.

Edited by otto.f
  • Like 1

San Francisco...

M240 & Noctilux 0.95/f

• Like 12