7artisans 75mm f/1.25 lens for Leica M-mount specifications and sample photos

lexontario

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, jaeger said:

I can see floaters in the bokeh in the first picture, exceptionally clear in the middle 2 bubbles.  That's terrible...

Nothing worse than floaters in my view.

What are floaters by the way?

13 minutes ago, steve 1959 said:

Nothing worse than floaters in my view.

What are floaters by the way?

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

These worm like stuff looks almost the same as floaters in our eyes.  However, they are identical in bokeh, and I have never seen this before. 

16 minutes ago, jaeger said:

These worm like stuff looks almost the same as floaters in our eyes.  However, they are identical in bokeh, and I have never seen this before. 

Must be "signature" of sorts.

Floaters apart OOF light balls look good.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, jaeger said:

Could  be the new big thing,all lens makers trying to produce perfect floaters? 

Leica bringing out a new summilux with "floaters".

Just kidding thanks for pointing out what they are.

12 hours ago, Ko.Fe. said:

Another bulky lenses from this manufacturer for producing of bokeh. Not so RF... 

I haven't seen a direct comparison yet, but at least from the pictures it looks smaller than the Leica 75 Noctilux:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jaeger said:

Have you thought that it might be a hair on the front/back element? It doesn’t make any sense optically!

8 hours ago, Simone_DF said:

I haven't seen a direct comparison yet, but at least from the pictures it looks smaller than the Leica 75 Noctilux:

please compare this with voigtlander 75 f/1.5 instead.  I think 75 Noct has much better optics overall...

4 hours ago, lct said:

Never heard of those floaters so far, any link about that?

This is the first time I've ever seen this too.  Probably some Chinese Chi gong... like flow of energy or some sort...

• 2 weeks later...

Got mine two days ago. I'm in China.

Very nice lens to me. But just found something "wrong" in the bokeh part. Right now it's on the way back to the factory. Need to check the QC again.

On 8/13/2019 at 9:24 AM, Coltma said:

Got mine two days ago. I'm in China.

Very nice lens to me. But just found something "wrong" in the bokeh part. Right now it's on the way back to the factory. Need to check the QC again.

May I ask where did you get it in China? I'm heading there soon and would like to pick up a copy.

12 hours ago, rent said:

May I ask where did you get it in China? I'm heading there soon and would like to pick up a copy.

From the official online store at Taobao/Tmall. And you can get it in 2-3 days by the express service.

Give the link (and money) to any Chinese guy you trusted. They can easily order it for you.

I live in Shanghai. There are local dealers too.

• Thanks 1

My copy arrived yesterday. Super-fast and free DHL shipping. Below are a couple of test shots in the garden at f/1.25, both on the M10.

Initial feedback and observations:
- The lens is hefty chunk of metal and glass and appears to be well constructed, with smooth focus and firm aperture clicks. The 0.8m MFD is nice. Pity it didn't come with a hood. I have ordered a 62mm generic one on eBay.
- Focus was a tiny bit off out of the box, but I managed to fix it in a couple of minutes using the little hex screwdriver provided (note: my copy arrived without focus calibration instructions and one of the 3 grub screws that retain the focus adjustment ring appears to be missing - not great. I have asked 7a to send me both, but have yet to hear from them).
- Very sharp it ain't - at least wide open - but it's better @ f/1.4 and much better from f/2 onwards. I find the oof areas (aka bokeh) rather pleasing.
- Concave field curvature is perhaps the most unexpected characteristic of this lens (or maybe it's just my copy): it's quite noticeable, even in the center of the frame. I can see how it could be useful for portraits, but I'll need more testing time.

Very preliminary conclusion: based on what I have seen, it's no competition for the Noctilux 75/1.25 (I did not expect it to be in the same league), but it could turn out to be an interesting portrait lens. A comparison with the CV 75/1.5 would be intriguing - does anyone know if one has already been made?

Edited by Ecar