Jump to content
budjames

Leica M10 to M10-P Conversion

Recommended Posts

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 8/14/2019 at 6:28 AM, Kwesi said:

slightly off topic but I am surprised it doesn't work, given that its the same sensor. I wonder if its a Lightroom glitch?

No issues with converted M10-P files with Capture One Pro 12.

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/15/2019 at 3:47 PM, budjames said:

No issues with converted M10-P files with Capture One Pro 12.

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.

I’m not sure what you mean with converted files but C1 doesn’t have M10P profile and generic one is way off from the M10 profile (with M10).

This is major downside on C1 as I shoot with SL and M10P which has totally different colors. I solved my problem with creating generic profiles with Lumariver with great success.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, oka said:

I’m not sure what you mean with converted files but C1 doesn’t have M10P profile and generic one is way off from the M10 profile (with M10).

This is major downside on C1 as I shoot with SL and M10P which has totally different colors. I solved my problem with creating generic profiles with Lumariver with great success.

Converted camera not files.

Regards,

Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, oka said:

I’m not sure what you mean with converted files but C1 doesn’t have M10P profile and generic one is way off from the M10 profile (with M10).

This is major downside on C1 as I shoot with SL and M10P which has totally different colors. I solved my problem with creating generic profiles with Lumariver with great success.

Your correct Oka.  I also use C1 12 and noticed there isn't a profile for the M10P.  A M10P file looks terrible colour wise when you try and use the M10 profile.  I believe Bud is using the DNG Neutral profile.  I'm not a fan of the DNG Neutral profile so I also created my own profiles using Lumariver.  I have put in a support request to C1 for support of the M10P.  I requested this when C1 11 was the current version late last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am wondering if leica changed something slightly with the M10-P sensor. As using the M10 profile for the M10-P files gives bad color in LR/C1. However there do not seem to be any color problems for the upgraded M10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, helohe said:

I am wondering if leica changed something slightly with the M10-P sensor. As using the M10 profile for the M10-P files gives bad color in LR/C1. However there do not seem to be any color problems for the upgraded M10.

The sensor is the same in both cameras.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...