Voigtländer 75mm f/1.5 Aspherical VM

jaeger

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Here's the 75 lux vs. 75 CV on an m10-p, wide open, from 8 feet. tripod mounted, 1/60 sec, iso100.  75 Lux on left, CV on right.  The CV does out resolve on center, however this says nothing about bokeh, build quality, transitions, rendering, colors, etc.  Solid lens though, the 75/1.5.  These shots were edited to take down highlights and exposure a bit.

The bokeh shots are also from a tripod, wide open, low iso.  unedited.

I also prefer the 75 Summilux bokeh rendering.  Pictured in same album below.  The 75 lux shots will have the 75/1.5 CV lens actually pictured in the shots.  

https://adobe.ly/2yPe6fx

• Thanks 3

Good looking lens though. Surprisingly light weight.  I’m used to chrome lenses which are actually brass, but this seems like it’s something else.  Will have to wait for some sunlight to take it out. 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 7

9 hours ago, NRKstudio said:

Good looking lens though. Surprisingly light weight.  I’m used to chrome lenses which are actually brass, but this seems like it’s something else.  Will have to wait for some sunlight to take it out. 

Safari + silver lens = yummy.  is that a diopter behind the viewfinder but seems much thicker.   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jaeger said:

Safari + silver lens = yummy.  is that a diopter behind the viewfinder but seems much thicker.   

Thanks man! Yes it’s a diopter.  

For magnifiers, I used to use Match Tech’s 1.4x magnifier with diopter built in.  Really solid and easy to use. 

Advertisement (gone after registration)

14 minutes ago, Gregm61 said:

The magnifier is thicker than that. Has to be a dioptre.

I agree that the Leica magnifiers are thicker than that but the MegaPerls magnifier and others available from that online auction site are about the same thickness.

You were right though, I note.

Pete.

Edited by farnz

If you like that, I’m sure you will like this as well. 

• Like 1

Some sample pictures...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Like 6

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Edited by genji
Wrong file
  • Like 6

As far as I know, correction for vignetting and colour shift is only applied to wide-angle lenses so there should be no correction applied for 75 mm lens.  It will of course write the lens focal length into EXIF data so it shouldn't make any difference whether you code it as a 75 Noctilux, a 75 Summilux, a 75 Summicron, or a 75 Summarit.

Pete.

Edited by farnz
  • Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 6:03 PM, NRKstudio said:

It looks like the 75/1.5 optical design is very similar to the 75 Lux. It has an added aspherical element at the back of the lens and one element sandwiched in the front.   If it’s anything like their update to the 8 element 35/2 Summicron, the 35/2 Ultron vintage, it’ll be def a very desirable lens.   I heard Cosinas owner sells Voigtlander as a personal pet project, committed to redesigning these classic lenses with aspherical additions and low Ed glass. 

Isnt the 50/1.2 Nokton a redesign of a classic 50 Noctilux? It’s one of my new fav 50mm.  It fills in nicely for a 50/.95 and the 50 Lux.  It is almost close to the smooth rendering the Noct, and sharp like the Lux at f2 and so on.  The glow at 1.2 really well done too. I actually sold my .95 and 50 Lux, and now just stick with a 50 APO and the 50/1.2 CV.  Blasphemy, I know! 

I totally agree with you on the Nokton 50 f1.2. I did sell the Noctilux 0.95 for the very same reason. The only Noctilux that I have kept is the 50 f1, which has a rendering that no other lens can replicate, IMHO.

• Like 1

Shot at f1.5 with EVF on M10-P. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

This @ minimum focusing distance @ f1.5. There's a bit of glow and the background is pleasing to my eye.
Thanks to Mango for being a willing but constantly moving test subject. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

I've been looking for a 75mm lens since I sold my Summicron f2 which had quality control issues straight out the box. I aIso found it too clinical. I then bought a 75mm Summarit f2.5, I really like this lens, its build quality isn't that great, front portion of the lens rattles.  

I ordered the C/V 75mm f1.5 yesterday and it should get to me here in South Africa by Tuesday/Wednesday.