What Service Can You Get at Leica Park?

jmourilyan

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am planning a visit to Leica Park, Wetzlar in the near future. I've heard it said that you can get a service on your Leica camera whilst there. I'm not sure how true this is so wondered whether anyone had any details. And do you think it would stretch to carrying out lens alignment? I have an M10-P and a Summilux 50mm which I'd like to get aligned (in a short period of time) and wondered whether it was something I could ask them to do, or is that stretching their assistance/generosity a bit far? 

If it's not something you think they could/would carry out does anyone have any recommendations of good authorised Leica lens alignment outfits in the UK? 

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Jim

• 5 weeks later...

As far as I know you can have them clean your sensor and lenses and they also will engrave your camera (at least they used to before) for some fee. Lens alignment I am not sure if they would be able to do this in less than a day, but send an email and ask ahead.

• 3 weeks later...

As mentioned above, I have always found you need to make an appointment for camera/lens service. I have been able to get clean done the same day, but lens alignment usually not. But worth asking if you have limited time there. The sensor clean was free, but lens alignment will have a fee.