D-Lux 7 won’t turn off

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just bought my first ever Leica; the D Lux 7. Took it out of the box, charged it up, and took it on its first trip last weekend. Surprisingly, I ran into a problem on my first day using it... about 1/2 way through the first day, it suddenly didn’t want to turn off. I switched it into the off position, and the screen stayed on, and the lens didn’t move. Tried the switch multiple times to no avail. Even left it for a few minutes, hoping the lens would recess and it would switch off. Nothing. I finally had to pop out the battery to turn it off. After my “hard reset” it behaved properly, but the next day it threw another temper tantrum and did the same thing.

Has anyone else run into this problem? 

Hi and welcome to Leica & the Forum. Sadly even a Leica can go  wrong. If you purchased it through a Leica dealer I’m sure they will either exchange or offer you a refund.  If purchased through another source contact them with a view to a refund..

I ran into that problem, too, albeit in a different context:  Tried to pair the camera with the Leica app, but had neglected to activate Bluetooth on the iPad, so the camera got stuck somehow in pairing mode and wouldn’t switch off.  The only remedy was to remove and reinsert the battery (camera switch in the OFF position).  There‘s a slight risk of damaging the filesystem structure of the SD card, so you may want to remove that, too, and check/repair it using a PC and a tool of your choice.