Small bag for the Q/Q2

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice I too have purchased the excellent ONA 'Bond Street in Oxford Blue' for my Q2 and is perfect for all of my needs (compact, lightweight, stylish & discreet).

Although I really do love the look of the leather versions the waxed canvas option is so much more discreet and much lighter to carry around too. The £90 saving will go towards a 2nd spare battery.

I'm storing the Q2 on its side so I can grab the fuller edge of the camera and thumb groove to remove from the bag. This leaves small section with divider to the right to store a small pouch with spare battery and a few SD cards. The front pocket can comfortably house a Kindle. This bag comes very highly recommended for anyone's carry bag shortlist.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Drexyl
  • Like 2

Went to BestBuy and Samy's and ended up checking out the bags there. I want something just for the Q2 that i can throw in a backpack.

I also tried the Tenba BYOB 7 which fits the camera perfectly. I have their larger sizes but i found over time the material breaks down and i get white tiny dust like particles all over my lenses and cameras. They are very small so i do think they can get into the cameras/lenses. So i thought i'd look for something else. Also it's not as sturdy. It's good though as long as you replace is a bit more often or use a roller to get rid of the lint every once in a while.

The first bag i checked was the Lowepro and the other one i found at Samy's (Phototools Mirrorless Camera Bag). The phototools is very nice and tiny. Only thing that might be an issue could be that the pocket on the flap inside (not visible i am holding an insert separator in the pic) is metal and there it's not internal or have any protection. Something to keep in mind as i think that might scratch the screen or EVF. You can just use the extra padding and put it on top though. Overall it was the best looking and most compact bag of all 3 i tried.

They could both probably could fit the Q2 with a grip on. Only had the lens hood on no cap. 

Hope this helps :)

Not the most stylish option (I only use it to store the camera in a larger bag during travel), but the Lowepro Adventura TLZ 20 II works great with lens cover and LIM's half case.

• Thanks 1

I've got an ONA the Bowery (in cognac) and will definitely use that one for the Q (should arrive on Tuesday).

However, the light leather of the cognac doesn't please me anymore.. How hard/easy would it be to darken the leather on that bag?

I'll have to see how the Bowery does with a kindle and my headphones. If it's too big, I'll get the Bond Street in Canvas.  (Bringing the mahogany Grados along would certainly complete the Hipster look, but they kinda don't work outdoors :D so the small inears will have to do)

P.S.: I already tried selling it several times. Nobody wanted it. (not even at 200 USD, barely used)

• 2 weeks later...

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I use this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-TBC-405-Compact-Camcorder/dp/B007Y4NWTQ/ref=sr_1_4?crid=30576X51QP51&keywords=case+logic+camcorder+bag&qid=1566841398&s=gateway&sprefix=case+logic+camc%2Caps%2C238&sr=8-4

It is very small and low profile but roomy enough to fit two filters with cases, lens cleaning brush + cloth, extra battery, iPhone SD reader, Gitzo tripod and monopod torx wrenches and adaptor screw. I did replace the shoulder strap with a wider one for comfort. When traveling abroad, I usually attach Pacsafe 200 Shoulder strap.  Love this bag.

I just treated my the Bowery to a bit of beeswax to darken it up.

Will go to a cobbler and try to get it even darker, and permanently so.

Much nicer than the standard cognac look

This isn't an "official" Leica bag, but it's very portable and looks great!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33029458596.html

On 8/14/2019 at 9:42 AM, Drexyl said:

The gaping hole at the top corners on ONA bags could be problematic when it rains.  I far prefer the wraparound flaps on on the Billingham line, for example.  ONA bags look nice, but past build quality and service has been questionable relative to the price point...

Jeff

• Like 1

My Bowery leather bag hasn't had any issues with the stitching in these areas and I've used it on a dozen city trips so far.

I'd probably not use the bag as a motorcycle bag, though.. Why not carry a friggin' backpack?

Also, those "gaping holes" you read about so often, are simply not present on my bag... sure, it won't withstand pouring rain, but bringing a tan leather bag into pouring rain is about as smart cooking a chilli with a white shirt on.

8 minutes ago, Leica Guy said:

Philistine!! 🤣

If an all-metal, IP52 camera can't survive being in my fairly well padded backpack with a rolled up jacket, a (non-leaking) water bottle, spare underwear and snacks for my 2 year old, and a few other bits and pieces then Leica screwed something up.

Edited by ralphh
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2019 at 3:37 PM, maziatr said:

Yes, it does.  I have Ona Bond Street Leica version and it fits perfectly well with the lens hood.

This is also my bag choice (mine is camo) after trying several including the Mirrorless Mover M10. It comfortably fits my Q2 with Overgaard lens shade, and accessories needed for a day out in the inside slot and front pocket. The side pockets are very tight with enough space for small or flat objects (micro flashlight, lip balm, lens cloth...).

I have downsized from a Billingham Hadley  pro-small to the ona Bowery in canvas. I have room for a q-p, charger, flash, over 45 reading glasses and tons of other things. I also still have plenty of space to rearrange and add my m-7 and a Japan camera hunter film case  if I want to do some film portraits. 

Mark