Last Image --

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all,

long time since I Posted, last July, soon after taking this image (Work Related) I was at home and had a serious accident. I was air ambulanced to Stanford Ca. Subsequently, I lost my right eye and the left eye was seriously damaged (12 stitches to keep it together) Overall a 90% vision loss. This coming July/August my eye surgeon hopes to operate and somewhat improve my vision.. I sold all my guns and my beloved 16" Challenger SRT.. I kept my Leicas and Nikon D90. The things I miss most are driving & my photography, This coming week I hope to go out and do some general photography, everything set on Auto, well it's a start! -

Yesterday, I fumbled around with the camera (V-Lux4) settings (glasses & mag glass) I knew what I wanted but it takes so much time for me to set up the camera.. Anyways:-

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

Bravo, bravo!

One of the older DPs who taught me pretty much everything I know about motion picture film was functionally blind as well, same deal, accident later in life. His first AC of old became his camera operator and he had a big screen from the video assist to work with. Kept right on going, filming excellent movies until he passed a more than ten years later.

Just sayin... it ain't over yet, and good move, hanging onto your Leicas!

All the best

Chris

Dear lykaman,

Such a tragic loss borne with great fortitude and realism. A positive attitude can only be for your long-term health and benefit.

In the UK there is http://www.openphotographicsociety.org/organizations/1251-the-disabled-photographers-society 

Perhaps there is a similar society closer to home for you. Boundaries do not matter when sharing experiences when circumstances change such as in your life.

Remain positive and enjoy you photography,, no matter what obstacles stand in your way. Wishing you great happiness in the years ahead.

• Like 1