KdB

So Leica makes cameras for pros... Really?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 5/16/2019 at 6:26 PM, jaapv said:

Did you ask?

I was not talking about registering your cameras - nearly everybody does - but about registering yourself as a professional photographer.

Of course I am registered as a professional photographer but did that change somehing? Nope. 

It's not a matter of having a bad dealer in my case because I have talked to Leica France directly and the S007 and lenses have been given back to a Leica store. 

So no one else to blame than the non existent support and care from Wetzlar. 

Edited by KdB
Typo

...Since November 8th, 2018 my SOO7 is at the customer service (I hope) and I have NO NEWS from them!!!...

@KdB,

Sorry to hear of your troubles with Leica's repair department.  I am hoping for your sake that someone there will read this thread and immediately move your S007 to the #1 slot in the repair line.  Over six months waiting with no end in sight is just not right.

I have been eyeballing the S system for a while now and am reconsidering.  I have not had a bit of trouble out of my M-P 240 in 4+ years of fairly hard shooting and am now thinking of sticking with the M system rather than risking going through the repair hell you have experienced. 

I hope someone in Wetzlar is watching/reading/listening. 

18 minutes ago, Herr Barnack said:

@KdB,

Sorry to hear of your troubles with Leica's repair department.  I am hoping for your sake that someone there will read this thread and immediately move your S007 to the #1 slot in the repair line.  Over six months waiting with no end in sight is just not right.

I have been eyeballing the S system for a while now and am reconsidering.  I have not had a bit of trouble out of my M-P 240 in 4+ years of fairly hard shooting and am now thinking of sticking with the M system rather than risking going through the repair hell you have experienced. 

I hope someone in Wetzlar is watching/reading/listening. 

Hello Herr Barnack. 

Thank you for your kind words. 

I strongly recommend you to stay away from the S line. Two S bodies, two heavy failures... Enough said. 

But in the end, it's your decision, your money. 

I do regret spending so much for sub-par products seeking for the perfect camera. 

When I compare how reliable is my 5DmkIV, it's like comparing day and night... 

1 hour ago, KdB said:

For some reasons, the title of the topic has been edited to be softer with Leica. 

Is it on request of Leica or is it censorship? 

It is "censorship", as you like to call it. This is not a public platform, but a privately owned site. We have rules for behaviour and excessive titles will be edited.

1 hour ago, KdB said:

Of course I am registered as a professional photographer but did that change somehing? Nope. 

It's not a matter of having a bad dealer in my case because I have talked to Leica France directly and the S007 and lenses have been given back to a Leica store. 

So no one else to blame than the non existent support and care from Wetzlar. 

You have to register with Wetzlar, not your local importer or store.

2 hours ago, jaapv said:

It is "censorship", as you like to call it. This is not a public platform, but a privately owned site. We have rules for behaviour and excessive titles will be edited.

You have to register with Wetzlar, not your local importer or store.

I was just asking. No bad feelings.