Me Leica!

What's the most expensive Leica you've personally seen?

I’d love to have that titanium M7 though, mortgages are quite cheap today and an equity of 165.000 isn’t rare either these days. If there is any M that would make sense in titanium, it’s an M7, because it’s the heaviest analogue M, heavier than an M9 with battery. 

On 9/20/2019 at 1:32 PM, Archiver said:

What is the MP on the left with green leather and red dot??

Probably some à-la-carte job. It has the rewinder of an MP but the shutter speed selector of the M7.

Posted (edited)
On 9/20/2019 at 12:32 PM, Archiver said:

What is the MP on the left with green leather and red dot??

56 minutes ago, ianman said:

Probably some à-la-carte job. It has the rewinder of an MP but the shutter speed selector of the M7.

M6TTL Green Millennium I think.

Edited by wattsy

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, jaapv said:

Ah- Schouten-Select... Tha last resting place of many a rarity under a tombstone with too  many zeroes...

I think Schouten plays the long game. Prices things in a range from a bit over the top to ludicrously high and waits for that buyer that simply must have the item. I quite like that he has an old black and white leaflet about the original MP from the '50s for €450. 😀 What I don't like is bollocks where something is described as mint but also not-mint in the same sentence. E.g. "In mint condition (some very small marks on the bottom are visible)Leica 35mm finder." He also describes that 35mm finder as "rare" despite having three for sale in his own shop.😂

Edited by wattsy

6 minutes ago, ianman said:

And I thought I was a geek! 😛

I can't deny I'm very sad but in this case I just Googled "Leica M6TTL Safari" and that Cameraquest page popped up near the top.

The most expensive Leica I've seen was the first one I saw - that's what started me buying them ever since.

14 hours ago, otto.f said:

Seems a Luigi Crenscenzi design 😁

Is it sad that I think the M6TTL Green Millennium is a super looking camera? I'd own that in a second if I could, but I don't know if I'd be willing to use it and scuff it up.

This design would benefit from a little brass wear on the edges