Leica Q2 - recommended accessory?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I am looking to buy a Leica Q2, as soon as the Leica is in stock at my local camera shop. 

So, I will also buy all accessory which is needed, like:

- Camera strap: some strap, which protector the body and doesn‘t scratch the body at the connection for hand strap?

- Screen protector, which one?

- Second battery, original or not?

- Flashlight, which is best compatible? 

- ... anything else, which is useful?

Many thanks!

55 minutes ago, sturkel said:

I did get the thumbs up for the Q2, I wasnt sure if I would like it since I alao hvae the Lim case. After a few hours of use it became a great addition to the case/camera. 

Exactly my experience also. +1. 

I had the grip on my Q and it was the first accessory I bought for my Q2 as it improves the handling significantly. I would like it to have ports for accessing the battery/SD card but that's only a minor inconvenience.

I bought a strap from hyperion, much more comfortable than the one that came with the camera and I can wrap it around my hand for extra security when shooting one-handed.

I bought a second battery which is essential for any camera, I haven't bothered with a flash as I've never learnt how to use them with great results and I just rely on the great low-light performance.

I used the match technical thumbs up on my old Q and felt it added significantly to my grip.  When I received the Q2 I got an off brand from Amazon.  It's not made as well and I'm sure it will not hold up, but the Leica thumbs up is still back ordered.  If anyone has the Leica thumbs up already, can you tell if it's worth $250? The off brand was $85 and Match Technical now has one out, is well made and is also significantly cheaper.  What do you think?  I can still return the off brand.

1 hour ago, DonnaW said:

I used the match technical thumbs up on my old Q and felt it added significantly to my grip.  When I received the Q2 I got an off brand from Amazon.  It's not made as well and I'm sure it will not hold up, but the Leica thumbs up is still back ordered.  If anyone has the Leica thumbs up already, can you tell if it's worth $250? The off brand was $85 and Match Technical now has one out, is well made and is also significantly cheaper.  What do you think?  I can still return the off brand.

I have the Match Technical for my Q2. I had the similar one on my Q. It worked perfectly. For the Q2 they created a little more access to the zoom button. I like thar it’s solid brass. I have no need for the Leica one. 

I have not received my Q2 yet but so far I have ordered an extra battery, a Black LIM’s Half case, a black Artisan & Artist woven silk rope strap, a Manfrotto PIXI Mini Tripod, a Leica UVA II E49 protective filter, a Leica M10 Display Protection Foil, 2 SanDisk Extreme Pro SDXC UHS-II 64GB cards, and a DHG Achromatic Macro 200 (+5) filter (for macro photography).  Excited & waiting for my Q2 to come.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/22/2019 at 5:06 AM, pico said:

I would like to see a competent evaluation of such a claim.

Hand held at 1/8 sec f/1.7 and ISO250 on a Q:

I'm sure the Q2 will be at least as good.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2