Wonzo

First pictures with my 35mm Summicron SL

Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I was more than lucky to receive the 35mm Summicron SL only two days before I left to Asia. Never had thought, that this would become true, as the initial delivery was announced for the very day, when I was supposed to go on my trip. 

For all of you which are interested in this lens: get it as soon as you can! It`s everything you ever wanted from a 35mm lens.  Razorsharp even wide open, no vignetting at all, no CA, and the perfect lens for night photography.  All the rest you might know from the other Summicron SL lenses, which fit perfectly to the SL or even to the CL. The 35mm SL lens has the same size and it has nearly the same weight. The only thing, which might bother some of you is the focusing noise. It is in line with the other Summicron SL lenses, somewhat louder than the SL Zooms. In practice, this didn`t bother me at all, I didn`t even realize this before it was pointed out by an other user. 

Following I would like to show you a few pictures taken with this lens in Cambodia and South Vietnam. Most of the pictures were taken at f/2,0. Some say, there is no other aperture necessary ....

Angkor Wat

Edited by Wonzo

Thanks! A gentle cinematic/3-dimensional feel to the pictures; and a very pleasant oof rendering. I have the 21 and 28 Crons on my list, time will tell... 

Posted (edited)

would be interesting to see an Angkor Sunrise shot from near the pond with the 35........:)

Edited by frame-it

vor 8 Minuten schrieb frame-it:

would be interesting to see an Angkor Sunrise shot from near the pond with the 35........:)

Unfortunately I wasn`t there at sunrise. I have a sunset picture at an other temple, shot with the 24-90mm, if you`re interested ...

Just now, Wonzo said:

Unfortunately I wasn`t there at sunrise. I have a sunset picture at an other temple, shot with the 24-90mm, if you`re interested ...

sounds good