M10 rangefinder suddenly wont work

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello, actually on a trip in London , m’y m10 rangefinder suddenly stop coupling with my lenses.

in fact, the little wheel wich get contact with the lens stays blocked on the infini. If I put it in thé right direction I can feel itsabnormaly hard to move.

what happened ? CAN Ifix it by myself -? Is there a place in London where it could be fixed ?

thank you for your help 

9 hours ago, Stefflaurent said:

Hello, actually on a trip in London , m’y m10 rangefinder suddenly stop coupling with my lenses.

in fact, the little wheel wich get contact with the lens stays blocked on the infini. If I put it in thé right direction I can feel itsabnormaly hard to move.

what happened ? CAN Ifix it by myself -? Is there a place in London where it could be fixed ?

thank you for your help 

I reported an issue with the M10 roller assembly failing that apparently Leica is aware of. My camera had to be sent to Wetzler for this repair.

Maybe your issue is something different but regardless, I wouldn't mess with it yourself or waste any more time before sending it in.

• 1 month later...

I had the identical problem on a once in a lifetime trip to Japan. In the middle on engagement photo shoot for my niece 😡.  Had to send it back, took months.  It works well now.   Hopefully it’s a one off.  My m240 and m3 never conked our on me.  

Sorry to hear the faulty M10.

As decades old Leica (or other brands ) user, so many times I was happy to have "second chance" or back-up gear.

Murphy's (10 versions)

With M10, if that is the only RF coupling and no other solutions left , I'd use LV or with wide angle lens as expensive p&s (no RF).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By BFMount
      I'm left handed and I think that makes my left eye dominant but not sure. Anyway when I bring the Q to my eye, instinct is to use my left eye. Given the design, I have to think that 'rangefinders' are meant for right eyed use, allowing both eyes in use? Is it possible to train myself to use right eye and keep left eye open? Any one have experience with this problem? I think I've read that gun owners are told to keep both eyes open when using a scope? Is it not worth worrying about, and just use my left eye with right closed?  
    • By Wissam.zn
      Hello everyone,
      I am posting my first message on this forum because I have a question/issue concerning my brand new Leica Q2 I bought last week. I used the camera just once shooting in RAW, auto white balance and all the other default factory settings.
      Everything is fine and perfect under normal light conditions. However when I am inside and I underexpose a photo (with low ISO settings- 400 ISO more or less) purple colors appear in the shadows. If I open the RAW file on my computer and in lightroom, these purple shadows remain. I tried to change the white balance on the camera etc. but it does not change anything. 
      It is really weird as the conditions are not extreme, the photo is slightly underexposed and the settings used are totally normal. 
      You can find at this link 2 photo samples : you can see purple on the desk and furniture on the photo L1000288. On the photo L1000282 you can see purple on the grey wall 
      Does anyone have an idea ?
      Thanks a lot for your help
      Wissam
    • By clngood
      Hi guys, I bought an M-P last April, and I have been using it ever since, no problem at all. But last Monday, when I was out shooting photos with it, I noticed one strange thing, after I captured a photo, I pressed the "Play" Button to view it, however, that photo was automatically zoomed in, as if I had moved the thumb wheel, but I didn't do that obviously. I don't remember if I ever put my thumb on the thumb wheel, but I was pretty sure I didn't move it. And it occurred only once, I have done some shooting the following day too, but nothing happened.

So have you guys encountered the same issue? What could be the reason behind it? I sweater often when I'm holding the camera, so could the sweater somehow got into the thumb wheel and caused it to automatically move? Or was is it some CMOS or systematic issue?
    • By Sarahpe
      Hallo, nach einem kleinen Sturz auf Glatteis mit dem Kamerarucksack bewegt sich beim Fokussieren der eingespiegelte rahmen nicht mehr und lässt sich somit auch nicht mehr übereinanderlegen. Im Liveview funktioniert alles normal. Bei genauem hinsehen kann man durch das Fenster des Entfernungsmessers? sehen, dass etwas gebrochen ist (von außen jedoch keine Beschädigung). Was kann das sein? Ist das reparabel und wirtschaftlich sinnvoll? 

Bin Dankbar für jede Hilfe!

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By Anaes
      I just bought a used M5 and discovered a large translucent stain in the upper end of the rangefinder window. I tried to gently wash the outside of the glass, but it seems to be on the inside. Does anyone know what it is and potentially how bad or harmless it is for the rangefinder window? 
      Should I try to return the camera or can I possibly fix it myself? 
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!