Sign in to follow this  
Stefflaurent

M10 rangefinder suddenly wont work

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello, actually on a trip in London , m’y m10 rangefinder suddenly stop coupling with my lenses.

in fact, the little wheel wich get contact with the lens stays blocked on the infini. If I put it in thé right direction I can feel itsabnormaly hard to move.

what happened ? CAN Ifix it by myself -? Is there a place in London where it could be fixed ?

thank you for your help 

Leica Mayfair will be able to help. They also have a shop in the City. There are others such as Red Dot Camera. You need to look their locations up online.

9 hours ago, Stefflaurent said:

Hello, actually on a trip in London , m’y m10 rangefinder suddenly stop coupling with my lenses.

in fact, the little wheel wich get contact with the lens stays blocked on the infini. If I put it in thé right direction I can feel itsabnormaly hard to move.

what happened ? CAN Ifix it by myself -? Is there a place in London where it could be fixed ?

thank you for your help 

I reported an issue with the M10 roller assembly failing that apparently Leica is aware of. My camera had to be sent to Wetzler for this repair.

Maybe your issue is something different but regardless, I wouldn't mess with it yourself or waste any more time before sending it in.

I had the identical problem on a once in a lifetime trip to Japan. In the middle on engagement photo shoot for my niece 😡.  Had to send it back, took months.  It works well now.   Hopefully it’s a one off.  My m240 and m3 never conked our on me.  

Sorry to hear the faulty M10.

As decades old Leica (or other brands ) user, so many times I was happy to have "second chance" or back-up gear.

Murphy's (10 versions)

With M10, if that is the only RF coupling and no other solutions left , I'd use LV or with wide angle lens as expensive p&s (no RF).

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By shoots
      SOS HELP!!!
      I dropped my Leica M4 and according to the NYC Camera Doctor repair team, the prism that creates the ghost image in the rangefinder is dislocated and needs to be replaced. They suggested that I send it directly into Leica for repairs, becuase the rangefinder is a complicated mechanism they wern't equipt to fix. They also let me know that Leica, located in New Jersey, dosen't do specific repairs and will want to do a full tune-up. Money is a concern, and I'm not prepared to pay $1000-ish if I can at all avoid it. I just want my range-finder to be functional.
      Has anyone had rangefinder work done, espeically on an M4? Would you advise having this work done by Leica or an outside repair person, such as DAG? Any experience or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
      E
    • By j.haden165
      Hi everyone, I've encounter a strange "bug" with my M2

I took a shot, then cocked the shutter so i would be ready for the next shot, but I didnt fire right away but let it be. When I took the next shot after some times, the shutter speed seems to be slower than the speed indicate in the shutter speed dial

I make some test shots at 1/125 and 1/60, cocked the shutter, wait for couple of minute, then click the button. When the m2 fire, i believe it was fired at 1/15 or 1/8
      I took one more test at 1/8, wait 3 minutes then fire, the shutter speed then fired at 1/4. The more i'd wait, the slower the speed. For example, 1 minute then it was slowered by 1 speed, 3 minutes for 3 speed... (not exact numbers)
      I've also tested to change the speed before/after advance the level, and before/after waiting for the next frame. But it seemed that the problem still remained

I didn't have any trouble with the machine when clicked the button right after I cocked the shutter, but i really want to be always ready for the next frame. 

Have anyone encountered the same problem? Is there anyway to fix it? 
    • By mrs_apeak
      Hello everyone ! 
      I just noticed that I have traces of wear on the hot shoe connectors of my leica Q2. I have used it only very rarely and with leica flashes. Has anyone noticed the same thing? Do I have to worry about it? Everything works very well but I still find it weird ..
      Thanks for your help ! 

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By leic.a.nik
      Moin zusammen,

ich habe seit ca. 4 Wochen das Problem, dass meine M2 manchmal den Film beim Spannen nicht richtig transportiert. 
      Die Bilder überlappen sich dann. Man merkt es beim Spannen, der Spannhebel springt dann.
      Der Fehler tritt meistens auf wenn der Zähler bereits bei 20 -25 Bildern steht. Ich habe das Gefühl, dass der Film zwischendurch die Spannung verliert oder über die Zähne rutscht. 
      Ist jemanden so etwas schon mal passiert oder kennt sogar jemand die Lösung?
      Im Moment elf ich mir in dem ich ein Bild mit Objektivdeckel mache wenn ich merke dass der Film nicht transportiert wurde. 
      Gerade bei teuren oder alten Schätzen verliere ich so meist 4-6 Bilder was ehrlich gesagt sehr schade ist.
      Gerade bei Filmen wie einen Fuji Superia Reala 100 oder Kodak Ektachrome 160t 

Die kleine ist mein Ein und alles. 
      Bitte helft mir. 

Mit freundlichen Grüßen 

Nik 

• By Howard
      Hello guys, I found that my lecia m4 RF alignment need to adjust. 
      However, when I want to screw the biggest bolt in the mount, I found that I can't screw it.

It totally fixed. 
      I google a lot of article, but I don't find anyone else has same problem like me.
      AS a result I come here to ask you guys; is there anyone had same problem like me?8

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!