colint544

Upcoming M10X with 47MP?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Am 9.5.2019 um 10:32 schrieb budjames:

Why doesn't Panasonic just buy Leica and get it over with?

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.

Ohhhh, please go and rinse your mouth with soap and water!  

Am 14.5.2019 um 13:09 schrieb Peter Kilmister:

@budjames When you say you have printed to 16x20 there is nothing qualify the numbers. Imperial or Metric? 16x20 yards, feet, or inches (rods, poles, perches, fathoms, chains, furlongs, miles, leagues also possible!)? 16x20 mms, cms, kms? 

I once ordered a print done as 20x30 cms. When it arrived from the printer (part of Hewlett Packard) it was 20x30 inches!

If you paid for the 20*30cm I would not complain.... Imagine a print 20*30 nautical miles. Christo, where are you when we need you?!

Reminds me of the Steven Wright joke:

”I’ve got a map of the United States.  The scale is 1” to 1”.   It’s really hard to fold.”

😁

Getting back to Colin's OP, after decades of a mild case of GAS (my wife would say severe case), I feel like the M10 (variant) is "my camera."  Since I got mine I have gone into numerous camera stores, including the Leica stores in NYC, Boston, Seattle, LA and SF, and walked out without any sense of desire for something new or different.  Same goes for lenses.  I actually try to make myself want something different but, other than a M10M (D-type) I just have no desire for anything else.  And if they don't make an M10M, my MM suits me fine (other than slow write speed).  

The M10 platform is perfect.  So the proposed models discussed in the Leica Rumors bit do not interest me.  In fact, they appear to be a de-evolution to me.   I definitely don't want more MPs.