Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Just received an M42 to T/TL/CL/SL adapter from Hong Kong … several listed on Ebay and all appear to be the same design and approx. the same price i.e. c.£14 with free or £1 shipping. The adapter has excellent build quality and saves having to use e.g. M42 to M plus M to TL/SL adapters in tandem. It's a plain non-smart adapter and easy to use via Aperture priority mode … with accurate manual focus via the camera's image magnification facility. The adapter's 'silver' M42 mount does not show when the lens is mounted - thus no danger of internal reflections. The black interior is well baffled and infinity focus is fine.  Not used for any serious photography yet but sufficiently impressed with its build quality to order another one today … so can pack both the T and SL cameras each fitted with good quality M42 lenses. The Chinon 55/1.4 lens illustrated was made by Tomioka over 40 years ago but it's an excellent lens … and equivalent to 82.5mm full frame on the T/TL/CL. This example was bought from a charity shop (thrift shop) for just a few ££. Secondhand M42 lenses are easily sourced including Tamron Adaptall SP models some of which have ED lens elements.  

cont'd … 

Edited by dkCambridgeshire

Posted (edited)

just one M42 to T/L adapter is more convenient to use than having to couple M42 to LM plus M to T adapters in tandem. 

Best wishes

dunk 

11 minutes ago, Dave in Wales said:

£14+£1, remarkable...it looks the business too.

Might Ask for a link to the dealer please.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M42-L-T-Adapter-For-M42-Mount-Lens-to-Leica-T-Type-701-Mirrorless-Camera/323534506277?hash=item4b5428c925:g:GtMAAOSw2olZcq6r&autorefresh=true

… several other Ebay dealers list the same … try an Ebay search for 'M42 to Leica T adapter' … and 'M42 to Leica SL adapter' 

dunk 

Just now, dkCambridgeshire said:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M42-L-T-Adapter-For-M42-Mount-Lens-to-Leica-T-Type-701-Mirrorless-Camera/323534506277?hash=item4b5428c925:g:GtMAAOSw2olZcq6r&autorefresh=true

… several other Ebay dealers list the same … try an Ebay search for 'M42 to Leica T adapter' … and 'M42 to Leica SL adapter' 

dunk 

Thanks dunk, could lead to economic 'playtime' :D

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 hours ago, dkCambridgeshire said:

just one M42 to T/L adapter is more convenient to use than having to couple M42 to LM plus M to T adapters in tandem. 

Best wishes

dunk 

Yes, but on the CL the focus magnification by wheel will be disabled by not using the original M (or R) adapter. I find it most practical to use the M adapter as a standard one for manual lenses and add other adapters as needed.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, jaapv said:

Yes, but on the CL the focus magnification by wheel will be disabled by not using the original M (or R) adapter. I find it most practical to use the M adapter as a standard one for manual lenses and add other adapters as needed.

But the CL's magnification can be activated via the Up / Down arrows when using third party adapters according to 

… I have not used a CL myself … yet. 

dunk 

It's not as convenient for magnification that way, but what matter? As long as you are happy with it. 

I have the Leica M Adapter L and it's on my CL body nearly 100% of the time because I have no native mount lenses. All my other lenses mount via it, and with the APS-C format I don't see any of the vignetting that some configurations showed with the double adapter on the SL. To me, it make no difference to use a second adapter (R Adapter M, Nikon->M, etc) on the M Adapter L. When I'm using the camera with more than one lens, I tend to pick whatever lens set I want that all use the same adapter setup so I just change the lens and leave the rest alone. It comes down to choosing whether I want to use my R or M lenses, basically, most of the time. :D

43 minutes ago, dkCambridgeshire said:

But the CL's magnification can be activated via the Up / Down arrows when using third party adapters according to 

… I have not used a CL myself … yet. 

dunk 

Yes, that is correct, but it is not very convenient to do so with the camera at your eye.