Which DNG-converter/development-software works?

kimo

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi all,

I use Adobe Lightroom and DxO PhotoLab on the Mac for developing photos. I very much like DxO esp. on my smaller Notebook.
But after the D-Lux 7 I now have the issue, that also RAW-files from the M246 Monochrom dan not be loaded in DxO.
That is very frustrating.

Do you know alternatives that definitely work with the M246 and maybe also with the D-Lux 7 for Apple Mac? 
And No, DNG-converter doesn't help.

Thanks in advance

Edited by kimo

DNG from M246 can be processed by LR.
Capture One from Phase one can handle these as well.
Indeed not by DxO which I find frustrating as well since I use DxO for all other raw formats.
DNG converter doesn't work because of the way DxO PhotoLab works. That is no surprise at all.

So, when I acquired the Monochrom (CCD), I added Capture One as well.

• 2 months later...

My only experience with the M246 was a one week rental period last winter, so take this for what it's worth. I shot a bucketload of pictures, and the raw convertor that worked best for me was Iridient Developer. Of course, Iridient does not have all the neat features or LR or C1, but it is a superior raw convertor, IMO, and not just for the Monochrom.

Edited by robgo2

I found Capture One Pro 12 to be ideal...since they introduced radial masks I ditched Silver Efex (and LR before that), which is neat - no more extra (potentially overcooked) tiffs that you cannot back-worked later. Only downside: spot-removal is not very good. I run Gimp on the side for that if needed. For upsizing ON1 Resize works really well.

Edited by Peter_S