Too many advertisements

• 2 weeks later...

What is a 'Sponsoring Member'? All I know is I am one but I didn't see the ads before, has my Membership not gone through?

Also for members of the forum who do not subscribe and see the ads one of the biggest mistakes is to make it impossible for them to properly read content or write content because the different ad sizes cause the screen to jump up and down. It makes the forum very annoying to read and look cheap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, 250swb said:

Also for members of the forum who do not subscribe and see the ads one of the biggest mistakes is to make it impossible for them to properly read content or write content because the different ad sizes cause the screen to jump up and down. It makes the forum very annoying to read and look cheap.

+1, and thanks

• Thanks 1

To be honest, comparing the cost of ‘supporting’ the forum to the money we spend on our camera gear, I don’t think any of us have a reason not to pay the annual fee. Especially if we have thousands of posts on here and visit daily.... For those who choose not to pay, I think it’s completely fair for Andreas to place as many adverts as he wants.

• Like 3

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Given the enjoyment I get from this Forum,  even though my posts are still numbered only in four figures since joining a good number of years ago, I'm very happy indeed to give that modest amount of financial support in terms of sponsoring membership.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 16 May 2019 at 8:28 PM, adan said:

I accept the ads as helping pay the freight.

I would note that as of the pastfew days, the pages have started "jumping" up and down because the top banner ads vary in depth as they change. Makes it hard to read and write.

Any way to set a fixed-depth space for ads, and let the smaller ones "float" in that fixed space?

The adverts don't annoy me in the slightest, but what does annoy me is trying to read forum posts whilst the pages jump around - but it only started about a month or so ago so what's changed to cause this?