Too many advertisements

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I’m getting a bit fed up of the number of adverts I see on the forum. Especially viewing the forum on an iPad, I seem to lose way too much screen real estates to adverts - on the Forum home page I see at least 5 different ads at any one time.

I thought one of the benefits of paying to be a premium member was that the adverts would go away, but although I’ve been premium for at least 3 years, this doesn’t seem to be the case. Any suggestions? I’ve looked in account settings but couldn’t find anything to turn them off....

TIA....

I don't see any ads at all. Something must have gone wrong with your premium member set-up.

I see that you are not shown as a 'premium member' beneath your thumbnail, just 'Members'. (I guess the 'Sponsoring member' tag is your own, like my 'Photographer')

Edited by LocalHero1953

4 minutes ago, LocalHero1953 said:

I don't see any ads at all. Something must have gone wrong with your premium member set-up.

I see that you are not shown as a 'premium member' beneath your thumbnail, just 'Members'. (I guess the 'Sponsoring member' tag is your own, like my 'Photographer')

Ah, thanks Paul. Looks like that is the case. I think it did used to say Premium Member under my profile as well, and I think the ads have only appeared recently. In fact looking at my PayPal account my forum membership renewed last week, so something must have gone wrong.

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting adverts when logged on to my iPhone and I think Adblock is doing its job on my MacBook. I notice that my renewal has not been taken from PayPal. Has an attempt to take my renewal been made and failed or something similar, like last year and the year before?

Edited by Gibbo

• 2 weeks later...

I sent Andreas (Admin) a message on the same day as my previous post and, as yet, have had no reply. I now notice that I have hit a limit for sending messages so I can't chase Andreas other than by posting on here. I'm sure this is due to my renewal not being processed but I'm at a loss as to what I can do about it.

I accept the ads as helping pay the freight.

I would note that as of the pastfew days, the pages have started "jumping" up and down because the top banner ads vary in depth as they change. Makes it hard to read and write.

Any way to set a fixed-depth space for ads, and let the smaller ones "float" in that fixed space?

• Thanks 1

I’m confused. Does the forum want my money or not? My renewal still hasn’t gone through. At the very least can I have a response better than someone else will deal with this one day?

Edited by Gibbo

On 5/16/2019 at 8:02 PM, Gibbo said:

How many messages can a non member store? I would rather keep my stored messages because, if I go and delete them, they won't be there once my status issue is fixed. 

There are surely some that you can delete?

On 5/16/2019 at 3:28 PM, adan said:

I accept the ads as helping pay the freight.

I would note that as of the pastfew days, the pages have started "jumping" up and down because the top banner ads vary in depth as they change. Makes it hard to read and write.

Any way to set a fixed-depth space for ads, and let the smaller ones "float" in that fixed space?

Right on cue, your post jumped down the page as I was reading.  Annoying.

Jeff

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jaapv said:

There are surely some that you can delete?

How many do I need to delete though? And how long before my renewal can be sorted out? I only want to pay some money 💰