Color-rite profiles

I believe one technique is to integrate two profiles, eg one in shade and one in sunlight, into a single profile. It is worth searching for a video based on Pantone techniques. There are many by independent producers.

The software allows for single profiles for different types of light, or even at each shoot, which is the way I like to use them, or one can make a dual-illuminant (preferably halogen-sunlight) one for general use.

! would Think that using a color checker for your first shot would solve the problem. I carry around an x-Rite Color checker sometimes for just that purpose. Take the extra step before post processing and the Colorchecker app. does the rest. https://www.xrite.com/service-support/downloads/c/colorchecker_camera_calibration_v1_1_3

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, lenspeeper said:

! would Think that using a color checker for your first shot would solve the problem. I carry around an x-Rite Color checker sometimes for just that purpose. Take the extra step before post processing and the Colorchecker app. does the rest. https://www.xrite.com/service-support/downloads/c/colorchecker_camera_calibration_v1_1_3

Yep, I'm familiar and I own one of these plus have the app.. I just never knew if you needed to do it for every different lighting situation or not.  I have two profiles now for my cl under two lighting close but different lighting situations, and going back and forth between the two in lightroom .. you can't tell a difference.  That might not be the same though for drastically different lighting conditions.  I should just try it and find out.

12 minutes ago, justbananas said:

Yep, I'm familiar and I own one of these plus have the app.. I just never knew if you needed to do it for every different lighting situation or not.  I have two profiles now for my cl under two lighting close but different lighting situations, and going back and forth between the two in lightroom .. you can't tell a difference.  That might not be the same though for drastically different lighting conditions.  I should just try it and find out.

I never do it for all shooting situations. To me that would be a real sign of obsessive-compulsive behavior. But under questionable lighting situations, or if you are in doubt the Colorchecker Passport is very useful. In most situations, the LR and P.S. tools for correcting white balance in post processing seem quite adequate.

• Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

20 minutes ago, lenspeeper said:

I never do it for all shooting situations. To me that would be a real sign of obsessive-compulsive behavior. But under questionable lighting situations, or if you are in doubt the Colorchecker Passport is very useful. In most situations, the LR and P.S. tools for correcting white balance in post processing seem quite adequate.

👍

On 4/27/2019 at 3:16 AM, lenspeeper said:

Yes, but for instance shooting an M 240 in tropical sunlight will give an orange cast by IR that is near-impossible to get rid of. A Colorpassport profile will save the day.