CL, Quickest way to switch LCD on/off.

Well, mine works that way.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 hours ago, Dave in Wales said:

With the least number of button pushes please, or is create a User Profile the only way, but's that's hardly 'quick' is it.

To configure:

• Menu > Customize Control > FN button > turn EVF-LCD to ON > exit Menu

Once configured:

• Save into each of your user profiles if you want this configuration to automatically be set when you're using a user profile other than Default.

To activate and use:

• Long-press FN and pick from the menu > exit FN to activate
  • Cycle through EVF-LCD options by repeatedly pressing FN to use

Note: If you save your user profiles with this option activated on FN, it will always be the active FN configuration when you choose a user profile.

Edited by ramarren

33 minutes ago, jaapv said:

Well, mine works that way.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

You're not a moderator for nothing :) thank you.

I had not allocated any functions to the FN button :rolleyes:

This camera gets 'better' by the day. 

23 minutes ago, ramarren said:

To configure:

• Menu > Customize Control > FN button > turn EVF-LCD to ON > exit Menu

Once configured:

• Save into each of your user profiles if you want this configuration to automatically be set when you're using a user profile other than Default.

To activate and use:

• Long-press FN and pick from the menu > exit FN to activate
  • Cycle through EVF-LCD options by repeatedly pressing FN to use

Note: If you save your user profiles with this option activated on FN, it will always be the active FN configuration when you choose a user profile.

Thank you, I've only had it week, it's fabulous.
Out of interest, how do YOU exit menu?

Arghhh, batteries died....reach for charger.
Extra battery is in the post !
Edited by Dave in Wales

3 minutes ago, Dave in Wales said:

Out of interest how do YOU exit menu?

I tap the shutter release, normally.

Some functions seem to require that you press the center button in the four way controller to confirm them before you tap the shutter release to exit, others are set as soon as the display lists the state. Frankly, I had never thought about it all that much ... the operation became obvious within a few minutes of handling the camera. :)

16 minutes ago, Dave in Wales said:
Arghhh, batteries died....reach for charger.
Extra battery is in the post !

I carry four batteries and a Nitecore travel charger when I'm on travel. I've only once needed a second battery during a day's shooting session, and normally make up to 500 exposures with a full charge. I have two Leica OEM batteries and two Wasabi batteries ... They perform identically as far as I have observed over the past year of using them. Charged with the OEM Leica charger they will net a few more exposures than when charge with the Nitecore charger; I suspect the Nitecore charger is more conservative about not over-charging to preserve battery life.

Luckily, the CL uses an easily available and inexpensive battery, same as the one for the Q and a few other cameras I believe. The Wasabi batteries were ~$20 including a dual charger. 

That said, the batteries last longest when you're NOT working with the menus all the time. If you're constantly dipping into the menus and changing configurations, or using the WLAN option with the Leica FOTOs app, they are exhausted much, much faster. Also, the CL's internal backup power condenser (for when the battery is out and on the charger, so it doesn't lose the settings) slowly charges up over a week or so of use with a charged battery installed. This makes initial battery cycles seem a bit shorter when the camera is new.

Edited by ramarren

4 minutes ago, ramarren said:

.............they are exhausted much, much faster. Also, the CL's internal backup power condenser (for when the battery is out and on the charger, so it doesn't lose the settings) slowly charges up over a week or so of use with a charged battery installed. This makes initial battery cycles seem a bit shorter when the camera is new.

That's very interesting, thank you.

It's my 'menu-flogging' that's using battery power at the moment as you rightly say.

On 4/24/2019 at 11:50 AM, dfdann said:

You can teach an old dog new tricks. I have had my. CL fifteen months and just learned the best use of the FN button for my personal use. 

Dan

That plus the fact that over time I've changed too, and have typically wanted slightly different things, used the cameras somewhat differently, as time goes on. I find myself using my M lenses a little more with it now than I did a year ago, mostly because my Color Skopar 28 and M-Rokkor 90 lenses are smaller and use just the M Adapter L. But the R lenses remain my standard for the CL: I just like their ergonomics much more.