Advertisement (gone after registration)

Clear as mud in the manual, or perhaps it's me :rolleyes:

Can the Default Profile be set up as 'my' Default Profile or does it alway stay as the 'Factory' DP?

TIA

It stays as default - you modify it as needed then save that as your new best friend into a vacant slot or any other slot that you want to change. Except default.

I saved my modified Default as 'My Default '

I left the default alone. I have set my default as "Standard". I have also created B&W, Vivid and Manual for manual exposure. B&W and Vivid create jpgs in addition to DNG files. The others only JPG. Next on the agenda is one for Birds in Flight (BIF). Granted the 18-56 is not a typical wildlife lens but I have come across quite of few wrens, warblers and gnat catchers just off of the trail in state parks that would have been good candidates for continuous exposures.

is it possible to get rid of the default by overwriting it? I just wish it would go away, so that I'd have an extra profile to mess around with.

No you cannot. It is meant as a convenient starting point when the user has messed up.