Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By StephenH
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!About a year ago, I had my M3 CLA'd after sporadic shutter problems caused results like the overexposed bar in the first example.  After about 10 rolls of film, the "bars" are back, (happening once per roll in the last couple of rolls) along with the over exposed "bar" at the far right of the frame shown in the 2nd example which I believe are limited to exposures made with 1/500th or 1/1000th of a second.   The latter problem can actually be seen by dry firing the camera as a bright "slit" on the right edge as the shutter is closing  is observed through the open back.  My question is should this be happening so soon after an CLA?  Is there something inherently irreparable in the shutter mechanism? 
    • By StephenH
      I prefer to take pictures on overcast days for a variety of reasons.  Unfortunately, by definition that means that there is a threat of rain.  I take along a zip lock bag so that if it starts raining, i can protect the camera.  How concerned should one be about surface water on a film M?  Any other clever ways to protect them from this threat?
    • By kalifornier
      Lupines are blanketing the areas around Folsom Lake. Here are a few images from a morning visit. All pics/panoramas taken with TL2/18-56 mm combo. It was frustrating to watch people trample wildflowers for their dumb selfies and/or kid portraits as well as 'professional' photogs doing model shoots and dragging all their gear on the flowers.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By Boreees
      Hi all, 
      Just had my M6 CLA’d due to a light leak around the shutter curtains. They are demonstrating some curling and leave a light leak when a frame is left in the gate for too long. The tech replaces the baffles among other things but I can still see a bit of light at the edges when shining a bright light. He claims that is normal and his other Leicas also have this. Can anyone attest if that is true by checking your shutter curtain edges when shining a bright light inside? 

much obliged
      Boe

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By Boreees
      Hi all, 
      Just had my M6 CLA’d due to a light leak around the shutter curtains. They are demonstrating some curling and leave a light leak when a frame is left in the gate for too long. The tech replaces the baffles among other things but I can still see a bit of light at the edges when shining a bright light. He claims that is normal and his other Leicas also have this. Can anyone attest if that is true by checking your shutter curtain edges when shining a bright light inside? 

much obliged!

Boe