CL...generated heat and a leather half case.

I've my CL since a while, but didn't record any over heat . It is also true i completely doesn't use the back screen. I setted it off.

Anyways i find the half case a wonderful a protection, and can confirm is the best solution at the moment. I woukd like Leica do a full case like on my analogic MP that is the most wonderful case i evere seen on a camera!

Edited by M.piras

10 hours ago, Dave in Wales said:

It's been mentioned elsewhere on another forum that the CL gets warm.

I wouldn't know as my CL is enclosed in a half-case.

As Leica make half cases for the camera I'm assuming it's not a problem.

All digital cameras generate heat. As Leicas are built quite compactly and densely it may be slightly more noticeable. There are safeguards against overheating. The M240 originally was prone to cut our when using the EVF in hot weather until the firmware was adjusted, and the M10 lacks Video. 

However there have never been reported instances of Leica cameras shutting down because of a halfcase. 

I have been using CL almost every day in South Florida and never noticed getting over heated 

I do have an Angelo  Pelle leather case for a better grip of the camera, but I guess I could still notice if the camera was getting heated other than by this region’s aggressive sun.

• Like 1

Linking back to my first answer i used the camera in the desert the past week with 46 celsius under the sun and the whole day in the car and didn't noticed any overheat or any problem. My colleague with a Canon Eos R was unable to shoot after the camera was left out of the bag in the car for 20 minutes. Another point, Cannon EOS R autofocus was really faulty under the desert sun, but i can't say anything about CL autofocus because i just use it with M lenses. Last but not least, the evr... It's wonderfull even under the 46 degrees sun light and dressing polarized sunglasses, i ty was clear enough to let me compose and focus the images with no complaint.