Dave in Wales

New to Leica and loving it.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My new CL
The bug has well and truly bitten, the Leica bug that is.
Just returned from the Botanic Garden of Wales, where we are members, with the CL card containing 75 images. All I can say is.... it's a dream and a shear pleasure to use with the 18-56.
Ha....who needs IBIS.
On a normal garden visit I would usually have nabbed about a quarter of that number with my Oly gear....there's just something about the CL, as previously mentioned...it's a dream......loving the range finder style and a EVF I can actually use with specs. 
I shot jpgs in vivid, and RAW, the quality of the SOOC jpgs is amazing, and the vivid is beautiful.
I'm truly over the moon, so much so so that I have arranged to PX 'all' my Oly gear for the Leica 55-135 and a few quid in cash, paid into my bank. 
DPD collect the Oly gear on Tuesday....free of charge.
I know it's not the most profitable way to shift gear, but as SWIMBO pointed out, it gets rid of it all in one go with no haggling and postage problems. 
Suppose it's like a RR really, does the same as a Fiat....but differently.....no disrespect to Fiat owners.

Most importantly I throughly enjoyed it.

Enjoy. Post some on the image page. Always great to see a new perspective 

Dave in Wales,

Welcome to the joys of the CL! I caught the same bug as you and I haven’t put this camera down since I bought it.

Continuing to sell off my Sony gear as I pick up additional TL lenses.

I love the 18-56 too. Would you believe I think it renders better than the full frame Canon 28-70 f/2.8 L lens I used to shoot? At a fraction of the size and weight! Incredible. I was blown away.

Enjoy!

My first off jpg's were all washed out, very disappointing :( but since switching to 'vivid' I'm over the moon, some of the best SOOC jpg's I've seen.

I still have a lot of 'experimenting' to do, I've only had it four days, but so far so good. 

All my Oly gear is packed and ready to go in for PX......for the 55-135mm :)

SOOC, resized and sharpened a little......

.Welcome to the forum Dave in Wales. Your excitement is palpable.Try Aberglassyin next.

Posted (edited)

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Aberglasney 

Here's Mumbles

complete with Mac originated glitch

Edited by huwm
glitch

PLEASE POST IMAGES FOR DISPLAY IN THE IMAGE THREADS  OR THE PHOTOFORUMS. THANKS!

The Leica CL is a breath of fresh air for me, the weight of the SL with lenses was too much for me, I have a back injury from a car accident and although I do still get out and about, (stubborn old git), I do welcome the light weight of the CL while the image quality is just as gorgeous as the SL (IMHO), the lens you want is in short supply but they are out there.

So wonderful to find something pleasurable, enjoy your new camera Sir, and welcome to Leica.

I was bitten by the bug as well. Have had mine for a little over a year and I still like it. A lot. Only I have a suggestion. Don't visit this site often as you'll want to buy even more Leica equipment. I've been looking at Leica film cameras and more lenses. I'm coming down with a bad case of Leica-itis. 

I loved the SL, but it and its lenses are a large, professionally oriented camera that I found myself not wanting to carry once I retired. I sold the SL and the two SL zooms after a while, bought the CL to do the niche work that I need a TTL camera for (copy work, macro, tabletop, long tele, etc). The CL used with my M and R lens kit proves as competent as the SL for what I do with it, even has an advantage or two, and proves a very useful all around camera as well. It's become my standard digital camera now, the one I automatically grab and go with, to the point where I sometimes question why I still have the Leica M-D.