Leica S adapter L on the Panasonic S1R

ropo54

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 4/30/2019 at 8:20 AM, xiaubauu2009 said:

you can use all the AFC?

13 minutes ago, FlashGordonPhotography said:

The S adaptor L does NOT support autofocus on the Panasonic S or S1R. Manual focus only but the electronic focus aids and exposure modes work fine. I assume that's what you mean as this is the S section of the forum.

As stated above SL lenses are completely compatible.

Gordon

Yes, I responded to the use of SL lenses on the S1/S1R - works very well and like native Panasonic lenses on S1/R, as expected. And as Gordon says, you lose AF when mounting S-lenses on the S1/R via the S-Adapter L. And finally, AFC on the S1/R is greatly improved compared to the SL, but it is not on the level of the highly impressive AFC on e.g. Nikon D500/D5 (that I have some experience with). 

Edited by helged
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, helged said:

Yes, I responded to the use of SL lenses on the S1/S1R - works very well and like native Panasonic lenses on S1/R, as expected. And as Gordon says, you lose AF when mounting S-lenses on the S1/R via the S-Adapter L. And finally, AFC on the S1/R is greatly improved compared to the SL, but it is not on the level of the highly impressive AFC on e.g. Nikon D500/D5 (that I have some experience with). 

this look good then. S1R might be an option for me!!!!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 4/24/2019 at 7:20 AM, BernardC said:

I don't know if it's a coincidence, but it seems like people with the S1 say that it works, and people with the S1r say that it doesn't.

I have an S1 right next to me with the Leica S to L adapter I picked up yesterday when I picked up my SL2-S and I will confirm after putting the adapter on the SL2-S it worked like a charm with the "kit" 70 CS, but when I put it on the S1 at start up the lens AF motor moved but after it did nothing.

On Instagram I tagged the lens and adapter as 'L Mount Alliance' and someone from Wetzlar working it looks like on he SL and S systems wrote on my post, "The Adapters are not L Mount Alliance, they only work on Leica cameras."

So that's that.