Sensor check.

Robinyuill

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi there. Quick question. Is there a way to check an M9P I have to ensure it has a new sensor. I’m sure it was changed by the dealer prior to sale but I can’t find the documents. I’m thinking of trading it in and the next dealer wants to know if it’s been done. I know you can check with Leica but if there’s a quick way it would be handy for now. Regards Robin.

1 minute ago, Robinyuill said:

I’m thinking of trading it in and the next dealer wants to know if it’s been done.

If the dealer cannot tell if it has a new sensor, then go to another dealer.

vor einer Stunde schrieb Robinyuill:

Difficult to just go to another dealer when that one has a camera you want. I’ll just phone Leica Customer Service. 

Write a mail to leica with the serial number and you got the answer. I‘ve done this for a monochrom 2 day‘s ago with leica switzerland. Got an answer in approx. 2 hour‘s.

Changing the sensor doesn‘t mean that they took the new sensor...... It could be the old type....

Edited by analog-digital

3 hours ago, analog-digital said:

Changing the sensor doesn‘t mean that they took the new sensor...... It could be the old type....

If the change was post end-2015, I doubt they would have used an old one. Did your answer from Leica just say "yes"? Or "Yes the sensor was changed on xx-xx-201* ?

vor 9 Stunden schrieb ianman:

If the change was post end-2015, I doubt they would have used an old one. Did your answer from Leica just say "yes"? Or "Yes the sensor was changed on xx-xx-201* ?

The sensor of the Monochrom I was interested was NEVER changed before. Still the old one.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

check out this thread : click here

follow this step :

Power on

Delete -> up (2x) -> down (4x) -> left (3x) -> right (3x) -> Info

This shows the service menu.

Scroll down and up using the arrow buttons.

Press Set to select an item

Gently press the shutter release to leave item.

Press Info again for the menu

ccd id for m9/m9p/m-e: 15, 16 is the new sensor ( if you are not believe this, please send an email to leica the serial number and they will reply within 24 hour).

ccd id for monochrom: 53 is the new sensor

• 3 weeks later...