New Ever-ready cases

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Dear Leica lovers,

I will be buying a Leica IIIF soon, but wanting to carry it around I wonder if there is company that still produces Leica Thread Mount Camera ever-ready cases, because I don't want to rely on the old and often damaged old ones from Leica.

Can anyone help me out?

Max

• 1 month later...

I have two of http://www.mrbrizzles.co.uk/ Mr Brizzles's excellent cases currently selling at: Price £39.75 in UK with free postage here.

Yet another half case only.

I actually like the ancient battered cases that we often find on eBay. Dark Tan boot polish applied liberally to cases and straps usually restores the leather back to a reasonably strong and supple consistency. The older cases, up to IIIC in the early '50s often have better straps than the IIIF's straps which are riveted to the case.

Does anyone know of a modern  half case for a Leica 1 or 11 or Standard, ie something that would provide a neck strap for a body that does not have strap lugs?

All the modern half cases I have seen rely on the camera being hung from the lugs on the body, I need one with the neck strap attached to the case, I don’t really want to cut the front off an old ever ready case.

Edited by Pyrogallol

I picked up this black leather full case (last year) with a number of other original well worn LTM ever-ready cases. It has no Leica logoing/markings on it - it certainly does not look/feel like a contemporary LTM case - it's "old" but in good condition. Did Leica make black cases??

My iiif fits nicely into it except the tripod screw is 1/4" while my camera has a 3/8" socket - a simple 1/4' to 3/8" adapter did the trick.

My iiig is too tall for the case so no go for that.

Does anyone have any info/comments on this? was it a generic "knock off" from the 50s/60s? It's certainly well constructed & looks like it's had not a great deal of use.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!